Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
anyone get a flucard yet? or know when they will be available?

Anyone get the flucard yet?
Can't wait to hear how it works.

11-08-2013, 12:55 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 7samurai Quote
Anyone get the flucard yet?
Can't wait to hear how it works.
According to Pentax USA, they will be available in December.

The rep at PhotoPlus said it's a rather simple implementation, but he went on to say that you could fully control the camera's basic settings (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focus), shoot, and review wirelessly, so it all sounds rather exciting!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Adam, do you know if you want to view images, that it needs to be written to the flucard? or can you see images from both slots in the K-3?
11-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

One was suppose to come with the K-3 in Australia, but it wasn't included. Just got a message back they are attending to it with an apology so sounds like they are available. Time will tell. I also am excited to see how it works.

11-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Flu card arrived with my camera. I have only got as far as connecting to a tablet. I am almost certain is does not have all the functionality of the advertised Flu card. mine is 8 Mb and time will tell if it does any more than other wireless cards.

This utube describe what I think I have except mine is 8Gb

Once the real deal is out It would find it useful if someone could do a video guide.
11-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Is yours the Pentax version? The standard flu card will simply upload photos.
11-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The FluCard Pro supplied with the Silver K-3 in Australia is DEFINITELY NOT the Pentax-specific version. I have yet to set mine up, so can not comment about its functionality.

11-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

When the 8gb flucard is in the camera and my tablet can read it

In the menu Under tools 3 - Wireless memory card - I get 'No wireless memory card inserted into SD2 card slot'

So the camera does not recognize the card as a wireless card. Not sure what this means.
11-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I get the same message. However, the card has successfully transferred a test image to my iPhone, so it seems to work.
11-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
When the 8gb flucard is in the camera and my tablet can read it

In the menu Under tools 3 - Wireless memory card - I get 'No wireless memory card inserted into SD2 card slot'

So the camera does not recognize the card as a wireless card. Not sure what this means.
I experienced the same thing too. Not sure what this mean either.....
11-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #11

It means you have a Flucard, but not a Pentax Flucard.
11-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tzeentchiangod Quote
It means you have a Flucard, but not a Pentax Flucard.
Yep, I'm sure that's all it is.
11-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Not trying to be a downer but I have my doubts about the Pentax version of the Flucard. Not that I have any evidence to go on, just a feeling. You would think that since they tout this as such a integral feature of the K3 it would make sense to have it available when the camera released don't you think?
11-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have had the same nagging doubt. Fortunately tethering was not a major selling point for me.
11-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #15
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bass3587 Quote
Not trying to be a downer but I have my doubts about the Pentax version of the Flucard. Not that I have any evidence to go on, just a feeling. You would think that since they tout this as such a integral feature of the K3 it would make sense to have it available when the camera released don't you think?
I'm guessing the Flucard was a last minute addition to the K-3 feature set when someone finally realized a new flagship camera without WiFi or tethering would be laughable. So they went and negotiated a deal just a few months before release, not enough time to finish development in time for the planned K-3 release. Actually, I like the idea of having this functionality as an add-on so that it doesn't raise the price of the camera by $100, especially since most people probably don't need it. Kinda like not forcing you to buy an 18-55mm lens with every new camera body you buy.