Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2013, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

According toWikipedia..... “There has been some speculation that magnesium deficiency can leadto depression”
So you should have your K-5/K-3 close at all times andstay happy ;-)

11-12-2013, 06:24 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I wonder if the silver on the top of the K-01 would be similar to the silver of the silver K-3. Anyone able to check?
11-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #18
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I wonder if the silver on the top of the K-01 would be similar to the silver of the silver K-3. Anyone able to check?
Well, the material is different stuff. The silver bits on the K-01 seem to be made of machined aluminium, like Apple's laptops. The K-7s and K-5s are magnesium alloy coated in a material that is either coloured black or silver. I've not seen a silver K-3, but I would imagine it's the same.

If you mean whether the colour is an exact match, I think it is very close. The silver DA limited lenses are the same too. However, the FA limiteds are a slightly different shade and don't match perfectly.