Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Adam...

didn't include the 43 1.9 as he did for the '31 & '77. Anyone know why? Also, I thought the new '15 & '21 would be used with the K-3.

11-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Maybe because he hasn't done an In-depth review on the 43mm? He has said the review is coming in the near future.
11-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
didn't include the 43 1.9 as he did for the '31 & '77. Anyone know why? Also, I thought the new '15 & '21 would be used with the K-3.
The 21mm didn't impress, unfortunately. Lots more CA and distortion than expected (I did not write the in-depth review for this lens, but that was my experience with it when paired with the K-3). The 15mm is a fantastic lens no doubt, but given it's wide FOV it's not the kind of lens you'd use to capture fine details at a distance. That's just my opinion. The 35mm, which I never really liked for macros, actually really impressed me as a walkaround lens on the K-3, with its corner-to-corner sharpness. If only it didn't go bzzzzt bzzzzt all the time in live view

This is a very rare occasion, but I happen to have every single SMC and HD Pentax limited lens (except for the new 20-40mm) on hand right now. So, if there are any specific tests you'd like to request, I'll see what I can do. I'm planning on doing a SMC vs HD comparison shortly.

As for the 43mm, I haven't had a chance to try it with the K-3 yet. I might this weekend! And indeed, it's the only lens we don't have an in-depth review of at the moment, but I'm going to have someone take care of that very shortly (the other missing reviews are done and pending publication)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
can't wait for the 43 review. it's quickly becoming one of my goto lenses on the K3. I already don't leave home without it on the LX.