Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote
So all of you who have a K-3 have to wait for some of its features to be activated in February?

I think Ricoh should make that up for you, Somehow.

Personally, I doubt I would be able to display the patience that some of you do.
You are joking, right?

The FluCard isn't a feature of the K3 - it is a $100 accessory. As such, the accessory is apparently (per Ricoh's statement on the website) in such high demand that they need to build up a MUCH larger inventory before they begin shipping (since, as you no doubt know, camera gear is generally not made in continuous runs - it is made in batch runs, stored, and then sold down from stock).

If unexpectedly high demand is Ricoh's biggest Pentax problem we have nothing to complain about any more.

Last edited by monochrome; 11-14-2013 at 02:09 PM.
11-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
You are joking, right?

The FluCard isn't a feature of the K3 - it is a $100 accessory. As such, the accessory is apparently (per Ricoh's statement on the website) in such high demand that they need to build up a MUCH larger inventory before they begin shipping (since, as you no doubt know, camera gear is generally not made in continuous runs - it is made in batch runs, stored, and then sold down from stock).

If unexpectedly high demand is Ricoh's biggest Pentax problem we have nothing to complain about any more.
Take a deep breath.

The camera was designed to take advantage of it.
Not having it available at launch.....Call it what you want, But what if you wanted the K-3 for that feature....?

Good lord with you Fan Kids......
11-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #33
bxf
Veteran Member

Take a deep breath.

Not having it available at launch.....Call it what you want, But what if you wanted the K-3 for that feature....?

I really doubt that too many K-3 buyers would have deferred their purchase if this bit of info had been made available previously.
11-14-2013, 02:31 PM - 2 Likes   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
LOL. My biggest problem is whether to buy another K3 tomorrow, or wait until Black Friday.

I can wait on the FLU card.

11-14-2013, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Take a deep breath.

I, sir, am decidedly NOT a "fan kid", which you would know if you have read my consistently critical posts about Pentax over these many years. However, describing the correct business response to unanticipated demand for an accessory as a business failure, and irresponsibly making a negative statement in the form of an interrogative such as you did is most certainly trollish.

Your presumption of K3 buyers' expectations is off-the-mark and your suggestion that Pentax "owes" a K3 buyer anything for the delay is just wrong.
11-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #36
Forum Member

What's really sick is the way the entire etymology of computer geekdom is bulit around infection. I sit on a User Council for my Firm's Technology Development Group. We build and release qpplication "Capsules" designed to "restore, maintain or improve total system health" and "systemic integrity."

Gaahhhh.
Blame that on Microbe-soft.
11-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #37

if PK tether can be updated to include the K-3 in the meantime, I'm content to wait.

11-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems to me Ricoh is not content to release something that isn't up to the high standards they set for their products. If it isn't what they want, they fix it before they sell it.

I like that.
So do I. I'd rather wait until they get it right: there'll be enough to work with in the K-3 to keep me occupied for the next few months, anyway.
11-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I'm interested in the FLUcard for macro and stuff but I've been living without it in the first place so I can't exactly miss what I never had.

Besides, I'm just really stoked having a usable live view compared to the K20D!

11-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Take a deep breath.

I think that they should make up for the fact that I don't have a 560mm lens. They didn't send me one, could have something to do with not ordering one.
11-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Hunt Quote
Blame that on Microbe-soft.
Hey, it's not a bug, it's a feature...

Seriously, Microsoft isn't the only OS-maker with security issues, although it is the one with the most, probably by a very long way, although Android can't be that far behind.
11-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #42
Forum Member

when people were talking about how great it was that Ricoh decided to charge people more for this feature and require a specific sd card always in the camera for it to work, i figured it would get delayed, then the first implementation would be less than ideal, then a year later after some revisions it would rival what other companies build into their cameras.

maybe I am just a pessimist, but it takes some skill to spin this into an advantage for the user. to me personally, it is rather meaningless and i won't sing the praises of a wifi sd card or built-in wifi, but to some it seems to matter.
11-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by azimuthal Quote
then a year later after some revisions it would rival what other companies build into their cameras.
we can only hope it means 802.11ac...
11-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
we can only hope it means 802.11ac...
All this means is that demand exceeds supply.
11-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #45
Pentaxian

Ya, I guess they should have delayed the launch of the camera until the FLUcard is ready… then you would have whined and called the K-3 vapourware.