Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2013, 05:56 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Camera hung after turning off in LV

Strange thing happened tonight. I was watching the rear screen in Liveview with an FA 85mm. After testing out the low light focus assist light etc I switched the camera off. The rear screen stayed on with a last image showing on the screen. A sort of electronic humm was coming from the camera and turning the camera on and off at the switch had no effect. Eventially I removed the grip and body batteries to turn off the display and camera. The batteries were replaced and the camera fired up fine with no further issues. Loving the camera so far and finding the focus accuracy fantastic with the exposures spot on. I guess version 1.0 firmware needs a slight tweak

11-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Strange thing happened tonight. I was watching the rear screen in Liveview with an FA 85mm. After testing out the low light focus assist light etc I switched the camera off. The rear screen stayed on with a last image showing on the screen. A sort of electronic humm was coming from the camera and turning the camera on and off at the switch had no effect. Eventially I removed the grip and body batteries to turn off the display and camera. The batteries were replaced and the camera fired up fine with no further issues. Loving the camera so far and finding the focus accuracy fantastic with the exposures spot on. I guess version 1.0 firmware needs a slight tweak
I does seem that there is some bug with the grip and various battery settings.
11-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hopefully these quirks don't show up while being used professionally.
11-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I've seen the K-5 lockup for different reasons. When it happens, the power switch also fails to reset it just like your K-3, pulling batteries is the only fix.