Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sensor

There was a lot of speculation early on about the sensor used in the K3. I have not seen much lately except the frequently confirmed statement that it is a Sony sensor. The other day I read a statement that it was the same sensor used in the NEX 7. That seems unlikely since the NEX 7 is several years old but anything is possible. Does anyone have more information of the exact sensor used in the K3?

11-24-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
the exact sensor used in the K3
There has been confirmation from multiple reliable sources (buried deep in the forum) that it is a Sony sensor. However no-one (that I know of) has been able to say exactly what model number the sensor is - eg the K-x had a Sony IMX021 (or IMX038) sensor in it, the K-5 a Sony IMX071 (same as the D7000).

If it were to be the same sensor as the NEX-7 (which I doubt, since that chip is a bit old now, as you say) it would be the IMX096. Perhaps the K-3 has the 2nd generation of the NEX-7 chip.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, k-3, k3, nex, pentax k-3, sensor, statement