Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
That get's me. Everyone is always "use your histogram while shooting!"…. would love to. Don't want to have to hit 3 buttons to get to it, though!

12-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alwaysmichellerene Quote
That get's me. Everyone is always "use your histogram while shooting!"…. would love to. Don't want to have to hit 3 buttons to get to it, though!
Hmm, if it's the same as on the K-5 it's just one button: the review button. Then the OK button to switch it off (and Info back on). Not good if they have changed that!
12-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #18

Original Poster
If you read the forum review, 'tis a bit more complicated than that now.
12-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Everyone is always "use your histogram while shooting!"…. would love to. Don't want to have to hit 3 buttons to get to it, though!
You can actually just call it up with one button:

- Press the 'Play' button
- Press the 'Info' button
- Select 'Display Histogram'

Histogram is displayed for the current image.

- Press the 'Play' button once more to return to shooting mode.

Shoot some images.

- Press the 'Play' button'. The camera remembers what your last 'Play' display option was, and the histogram is instantly displayed for the last recorded shot, and will be displayed as you browse through subsequent shots.

Until you select another display option within 'Play', every time you press the 'Play' button from now on you will see a histogram overlay at the bottom of the playback screen.

Worked for me.

12-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
You can actually just call it up with one button:

- Press the 'Play' button
- Press the 'Info' button
- Select 'Display Histogram'

Histogram is displayed for the current image.

- Press the 'Play' button once more to return to shooting mode.

Shoot some images.

- Press the 'Play' button'. The camera remembers what your last 'Play' display option was, and the histogram is instantly displayed for the last recorded shot, and will be displayed as you browse through subsequent shots.

Until you select another display option within 'Play', every time you press the 'Play' button from now on you will see a histogram overlay at the bottom of the playback screen.

Worked for me.
Thanks!!!
11-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Thanks!!!
Having the histogram overlayed all the time in preview would be ok with me if it were a little less intrusive. I find myself wanting to cycle through the preview modes often, and I find this unnecessarily complicated with the K-3. It's not like there is a shortage of controls either. Cursor up, for instance, does nothing at all, except when zoomed in. Heck, even the front dial would be more useful to me if it performed this function.

---------- Post added 11-28-2014 at 01:20 PM ----------

Actually, a straight-forward modification of the UI that would serve the purpose for me would be if the first zoom level in the modes that do not show the unobstructed full image would be 100%. It is another nuisance with the preview modes that this is not the case. For instance, the image in the "Detailed Information Display" is too tiny to be useful, but the first zoom level already does not show the full image anymore.

Last edited by Ikarus; 11-28-2014 at 02:21 PM.