Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #31

Original Poster
some issues

Hey guys.

just wanted to point out a few issues i have encountered from my last post.

1. movies will record only on card 1. i couldn't made it go on card 2. i even took out card 1 ( as it automatically moves to card 2 when no card 1 is in the camera) .. it said that no card 1 inserted (photos worked just fine )

2. the remaining photo numbering system is completely of. i mean with both cards empty ( i use 2 x 16gb lexar professional 600x) it says that i have remaining 300 shots ( all raw .dng). today the card 1 was full after around 500 shots and 200mb of video. ( which is correct. 16gb / 30mb = 533 photos). also the last photo on the card 1 was just 1mb, almost black and it had _cr in the name.( so the camera didn't calculate that there is no more space for a raw image and auto go to card 2)

3. coming back to my previous problem with the full depleted battery . apparently if you use the camera as a photo device , it will never deplete the battery completely (it will close before the battery reaches 0%). but if you connect it via usb cable to copy your photos into the computer it will drain the battery dry. hence, when put in the charger , the green light will blink for like 15 min . don't know if this issue can damage the battery but it can

12-15-2013, 03:35 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by burb Quote
Hey guys.

just wanted to point out a few issues i have encountered from my last post.

1. movies will record only on card 1. i couldn't made it go on card 2. i even took out card 1 ( as it automatically moves to card 2 when no card 1 is in the camera) .. it said that no card 1 inserted (photos worked just fine )

2. the remaining photo numbering system is completely of. i mean with both cards empty ( i use 2 x 16gb lexar professional 600x) it says that i have remaining 300 shots ( all raw .dng). today the card 1 was full after around 500 shots and 200mb of video. ( which is correct. 16gb / 30mb = 533 photos). also the last photo on the card 1 was just 1mb, almost black and it had _cr in the name.( so the camera didn't calculate that there is no more space for a raw image and auto go to card 2)

3. coming back to my previous problem with the full depleted battery . apparently if you use the camera as a photo device , it will never deplete the battery completely (it will close before the battery reaches 0%). but if you connect it via usb cable to copy your photos into the computer it will drain the battery dry. hence, when put in the charger , the green light will blink for like 15 min . don't know if this issue can damage the battery but it can
There is a separate setting for movie and jpg locations - don't know if you've spotted that.
12-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #33

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pheo Quote
There is a separate setting for movie and jpg locations - don't know if you've spotted that.
Well... I saw after posting that you can choose on which card to store the movies but it won't change automatically when one card is empty. You have to go into menu settings.