Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-04-2013, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #1

Quick compliment to B&H customer service

Just a quick note for the holiday season about B&H and their superior customer service.
I recently bought a new camera body and ran into a truly frustrating problem. Blogged about it, did my own testing, really wanted to blame myself, but in the end had to conclude I had a camera problem. Took close to a month before I figured it out, with Thanksgiving holiday intervening, etc.
Figured I would have to live with a truly aggravating problem.
Called B&H, got a very cheerful and patient rep (Andrew). About 5 minutes of my frustration, and RMA.
Incredible - no questions asked, no how many shutter releases and such garbage, even sent a return shipping label!
Sure makes my life simple. No more surfing for photographic / optical goodies for me and my family.
Good, honest customer service is worth more than a few bucks shaved off and you pay premium for ground shipping @ other discount merchants.
B&H has figured it out.
They have my business, period.
Happy Holidays to all.

12-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Glad to hear that your issue was solved.
I would be second to appreciate B&H customer service.
Happy Holidays.
YR
12-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
B&H Rocks. They are the act to follow.
They have always been friends to Pentaxians when no one else was.
They are my favorite toy store.
Period.
12-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B&H and Adorama are the "gold standards" for customer service in the US photography market. In fact, they set the customer service standards for the Canadian photography market, as well!

I usually try to support the distributors and retailers up here (bought my K-3 via Ricoh Imaging Canada from Henry's), but for hard-to-find items, or "need it now" things, B&H can't be beat, even across the border!

12-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by htsmd Quote
Good, honest customer service is worth more than a few bucks shaved off and you pay premium for ground shipping @ other discount merchants.
It's great to hear this type of positive comment concerning businesses that deserve the praise. In a market of commodities, superb customer service often makes the distinction and the competitive advantage.

- Craig
12-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
It's great to hear this type of positive comment concerning businesses that deserve the praise. In a market of commodities, superb customer service often makes the distinction and the competitive advantage.

- Craig
Yep. Believe me, if they (B&H) weren't great at what they do, I would not use them.
While I am price sensitive to a point, I am NOT willing to do business with companies that are not up to snuff.

If you are a Pentaxian, B&H is our best friend and keeps all other Pentax vendors on their toes.
12-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I have never experienced a problem with a B&H order of which there have been several. Both of the companies mentioned are great. Dollar wise I guess I have spent more at B&H.

I guess I am saying they usually get it right and the also handle it well when something goes wrong.

12-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by htsmd Quote
B&H has figured it out.
No offense to our other sponsors, but yes, they have. Eons ago....I would pour over the ads in Popular Photography and Modern Photography, seeking out the lowest prices on the lenses and cameras I wanted. One by one, I'd go down the list, only to hear..."Oh, that's not in stock any more" or "Well, the dollar vs the yen value has changed, so the price has gone up" or "We don't have that in stock, but we have a wonderful 'Coke-bottle classic' lens which is just as good as the Pentax and it's only $30 more!". I'd eventually get to B&H and the person on the other end of the line would say, "What price do you have?" and "Where are you seeing this?" When I'd tell them, they'd say, "Well, that's what it is, then." End of discussion...no "if's, and's, or but's". And on top of it all, they'd ship so fast that sometimes my purchase got to me before I was even looking for it! However, the most amazing thing to me is that, even though I know they're New Yorker's, they've always listened to my southern, slow-talkin' self and never made me feel like they were impatient with me. I thought I'd discovered some great hidden treasure in B&H, but I've learned that my experience is very, very common and pretty much every amateur and professional photographer and videographer I know uses them as their benchmark when buying gear.