Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax "FLU Card"

Has there been any update of the availablity of the Pentax "FLU Card" for the K-3 from Ricoh?

12-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Early January last time I've heard?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Follow up on Pentax FLU Card

Has anyone heard an estimated date when the FLUCard is going to be available?
02-11-2014, 11:33 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Will ask at CP+. But it's starting to sound like we won't see it until the end of spring if not the beginning of summer.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #5

i is long over due thats fer sure
02-11-2014, 11:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Will ask at CP+. But it's starting to sound like we won't see it until the end of spring if not the beginning of summer.
I certainly hope not! This part of the Forum is well past the beginning of summer…

Seriously, I thought the last word we'd received suggested February, but that's starting to look less hopeful, as we approach the halfway mark. Still, better to get something well-tested and refined, than something half-baked.
02-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
Veteran Member

The local store says the eta was changed to March. who knows for sure.

02-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

So, I bought and paid for one of these things yesterday . . . only to get an email tonight from the supplier gratefully receiving the vast sum of money I paid for this thing (when others have WiFi internally, EM-1 etc) . . . sadly they are unable to send it now but they may be available at the end of this month according to Pentax. They'll let me know when they've mailed it.

What a load of old pony!
02-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I checked with Pentax last week and they said the US shipments should be in by the end of the month.
02-12-2014, 03:02 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I certainly hope not! This part of the Forum is well past the beginning of summer…

Seriously, I thought the last word we'd received suggested February, but that's starting to look less hopeful, as we approach the halfway mark. Still, better to get something well-tested and refined, than something half-baked.
Well . . . . I mean really the Wi-Fi shouldn't need a flucard in the first place. I had Wi-Fi in phones many years ago. I think this flucard thing is a bit half baked in the first place.
02-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
Well . . . . I mean really the Wi-Fi shouldn't need a flucard in the first place. I had Wi-Fi in phones many years ago. I think this flucard thing is a bit half baked in the first place.
There are pros and cons for each approach to the installation of WiFi in the K-3, which has been discussed here in some depth when it was first announced. I doubt it was half-baked, but a deliberate decision siding with user choice and future flexibility, over technical elegance. We might not have got two SD card slots if it hadn't been for the choice they made, but I'm just speculating here. Not everyone wants WiFi, and not everyone wants 2 card slots, so this approach makes some sense on that basis.
02-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
There are pros and cons for each approach to the installation of WiFi in the K-3, which has been discussed here in some depth when it was first announced. I doubt it was half-baked, but a deliberate decision siding with user choice and future flexibility, over technical elegance. We might not have got two SD card slots if it hadn't been for the choice they made, but I'm just speculating here. Not everyone wants WiFi, and not everyone wants 2 card slots, so this approach makes some sense on that basis.
Hmmmmm . . . can't see it. Nah. It was an after thought and they got Trek to make 'em a Flucard. Useful anyhow. But it should have been integrated into the body along with GPS. My little phone has WiFi and GPS in it. Not a space issue.
02-12-2014, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
My little phone has WiFi and GPS in it.
My phone has Bluetooth too. Why the K-3 lacks that feature is anyone's guess. And my phone has a touch screen. There are consumer super-zooms with a touch screen, why not the K-3? Tap-to-transfer and app support and voice recognition would be nice too. The lack of these features just adds to the list of why I won't buy a K-3. (Oops! Wrong thread!)

Steve

(My phone also crashes every couple of days... If my camera had Bluetooth and apps I could use it to play music through the sound system in the car...)
02-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
My phone has Bluetooth too. Why the K-3 lacks that feature is anyone's guess. And my phone has a touch screen. There are consumer super-zooms with a touch screen, why not the K-3? Tap-to-transfer and app support and voice recognition would be nice too. The lack of these features just adds to the list of why I won't buy a K-3. (Oops! Wrong thread!)

Steve

(My phone also crashes every couple of days... If my camera had Bluetooth and apps I could use it to play music through the sound system in the car...)
Steve, I want to text photos.
02-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Steve, I want to text photos.
Virtual keypad using the multi-select button and rear display?

Steve