Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-14-2013, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Yes it is, the lens will keep catching photon's like every other f1.4 lens, but the smaller sensor will use less off those photon's!
Ah, you're comparing to an FF system?
Of was that a reference to each pixel being smaller and and catching less light than a pixel on a K-5?

Is anyone here capable of just enjoying the image? Or was that not the point? At this point I'm thinking, it's 2.8 instead of 1.4 and it's catching less light than something else, and I don't really care, it's just a nice image, well executed. The trouble with the analytical mind is, it stops you from interacting with reality and locks you up in intellectual concepts.

Personally I just enjoy the captured moment. Nothing is added or subtracted from that by discussing the limitations of the technology. IN this case the photographer and technology should be admired for the image they produced. ƒ2.8 or ƒ1.4, more photons or fewer photons, really, who gives a #@%^ ?

12-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #17
Veteran Member

This affects which lenses one might carry...

With these kinds of resolution (and resulting cropability), 24mp on an Aps, at which point should a prime lens be labelled a "zoom" lens? Cool pic by the way.

Just being provocative, but in effect today's high MP cameras reduce the need to carry so many lenses.

I like that phrase - crop till you drop :-)
12-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
Btw if I haven't said so already: nice shot!

edit: It just occurred to me, could the K-3 be the Lumia Pureview of the DSLRs?