Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-16-2013, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
K-3 vs K-5 Autofocus

Hello all,

I just wanted to share my personal experience upgrading from K-5 to K-3.

While I've always been very fond of the image quality of my K-5, the PDAF has been constantly plaguing my experience. I have a few lenses (all the *, all the DA Limiteds, plus the FishEye zoom), I did a maniac tuning of the individual AF adjustment settings, but nonetheless I never could get consistent focusing under different lighting conditions (and I'm not talking about pitch black, just tungsten vs daylight) for all of my lenses at the same time. I mean that I have the feeling that many of my lenses would require more than +10 or less tha -10 adjustment.

So, after long delaying, I decided to upgrade to the K-3. So far (one week testing) I am totally satisfied. PD focusing is always consistent, and only a couple of my lenses required an adjustment in the range of -2/+3, including the DA*55, which at ƒ1.4 is notoriously difficult to focus.

This single factor makes me a happy upgrader.

Cheers,
-P.

12-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Tnx for sharing ur experience. U give me hope to continue with pentax. I have also noticed same as u with k5, in different light af finetuning need to change. But its just Is much work.

I will wait k3 prices to drop first...