Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K3 Display panel brightness

Does anyone know if the brightness can be reduced or can you turn off the rear monitor panel and just use the top LCD display? It shuts down when you press the shutter halfway but it can be distracting when shooting at night. I know that the top display can be adjusted.

02-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Edchristenson Quote
Does anyone know if the brightness can be reduced or can you turn off the rear monitor panel and just use the top LCD display? It shuts down when you press the shutter halfway but it can be distracting when shooting at night. I know that the top display can be adjusted.
Yes it can be turned off, the option is in the sub-menu shown when hitting info.

There's also a brightness setting in the setup menu.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
C screen 4 22. Gets you to adjust the top LCD. I'm asking about the rear monitor LCD screen.
02-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
Ole
Administrator

Hit the info button, then hit it a second time to get into the submenu where you can select the status screen off. Or adjust the brightness in the setup menu, first page.

02-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you Ole. That's what I was looking for. I remember seeing that when I was fiddling with the camera.
02-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #6

That was the first question I had when I got my K-3. Reading the manual gave me the answers!