Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What am I doing wrong - Multi-exposure with self-timer

I'm trying to use the multi-exposure option with timer to do a created self-portrait. If I use the multi-exposure mode taking the exposures without a timer it works just as I would expect and the result is a multi-exposure. However, I want to use multi-exposure with the timer to take a self-portrait, then re-expose it with some images relative to my life. The timer works as expected, but the all the exposures are recorded as individual images not as a single image of all exposures. I kept it real simple for a test run only doing 2 exposures.
Am I doing something wrong or just misunderstanding how multi-exposure with timer is supposed to work or is the K-3 not functioning correctly? BTW, I've load version 1.02 of the firmware.
TIA for any info.

02-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #2

I had this problem also at first, but I think you are having the same problem as I was. When you use it, resist the urge to look at the photo between the first and the second shot. Don't do anything (reviewing the photo, changing settings, anything) only take the first photo and then the second one, then that should do it. When I was first doing the selfie I wanted to see how it looked and where to align the next shoot. But what it does is reset the multiple exposure.
02-09-2014, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jfuqua11 Quote
I had this problem also at first, but I think you are having the same problem as I was. When you use it, resist the urge to look at the photo between the first and the second shot. Don't do anything (reviewing the photo, changing settings, anything) only take the first photo and then the second one, then that should do it. When I was first doing the selfie I wanted to see how it looked and where to align the next shoot. But what it does is reset the multiple exposure.
Thank you, that is exactly what the problem was. BTW, once I conquered that, I discovered a 2nd problem. Automatic shutdown of the camera would occur by the time I moved it to the 2nd location. So I had to turn that off.
Steve.