02-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
event fireworks- pyromusical at manila philippines

Hope to here expertise and advice how to shot..FIREWORKS
My gear
pentax K-3/ smc 18-55mm DA L/ smc 55-200 DAL/ smc FA 28-105 3.5-5.6 iF/ TRIPOD
Appreciate ..thanks..

02-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #2

Depends on what kind of shots you want to shoot. You should go to 500px.com (or another image-sharing site) and search fireworks. Like this 500px / Search
This way you'll see plenty of different ways to shoot. Look at their EXIF data and you'll get a decent idea.

In general you should use a remote trigger and shoot wide (you can always crop in post). You should switch off your flash and use a low ISO as fireworks are bright. This also means an aperture between f8 and f16 would be optimal. Remember to use a relatively long shutterspeed.
02-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Camera settings: Manual exposure, f10, 10s, ISO 100, manual focus, focus to infinity. I set the camera for interval shooting of 11s. One second over the exposure time and set the number of images to be shot.

02-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Here,

Watch this! This video is so old, that the gentleman who made the video has now retired.

HTH

02-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
Here,

Watch this! This video is so old, that the gentleman who made the video has now retired.

How to Photograph Fireworks - YouTube

HTH

Yes when he retired it was also the end of the only real camera shop in Birmingham hated to see him retire
02-19-2014, 01:31 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks to All..
This information will help me a lot.
I will try to post the result..
02-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hangman43 Quote
Yes when he retired it was also the end of the only real camera shop in Birmingham hated to see him retire
You would not believe my story associated with that man. I came across this video, when I was planning to shoot a fireworks here in France. Which would be around two years ago.

A little while ago after youtube decided to change its commenting and I decided to delete my youtube account. So I was checking who all was I subscribed to. I was subscribed to this gentleman. I was curious about him, so I searched him on Google. Lo and behold I came across his website and saw he is retiring. It was right before Christmas.

I was so sad, seeing I decide to lookup someone and he is retiring that very moment. I was happy too. Old man has done great service to the community

I wanted to post about his sale on PentaxForums but forum did not allow to post in those days and I forgot about it later.

Thought I would share this with you, as you happen to be that one guy from that area.

Cheers!