Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
so called artoftheimage K3 comments

I can't believe my eyes, this clown comments on camera he never handled

---------- Post added 02-22-2014 at 01:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by vrrattko Quote
Pentax K3: Two FAILS of the Pentax K-3 - YouTube
coincidently, it seems his 'reviews' comes when Pentax releases some 'kick-nikons-ass' camera.....like his previous review of K5 - seems to be some pattern here

enjoy and have a good laugh

02-22-2014, 06:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I saw this and wondered what his personal beef with Pentax was?

He has only posted two videos highlighting shortcomings of cameras and they were both Pentax's. So I even thought I'd give him a chance and watch the video, he nitpicks at the dumbest things like they made huge design mistakes.

Total douche master IMHO.
02-22-2014, 06:47 AM   #3
Forum Member

Hard to laugh when some guy who is biased toward the other brands uses his influence to make Pentax look bad. And what is with that shirt he has on? The punisher? Someone needs to punish him.
02-22-2014, 06:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To be fair the AF-C on the K-3 is disappointing in my experience, though AF-S is insanely accurate and quick. This guy does have some personal problems with Pentax, and I can't for the life of me figure out why he hates the cameras so much.

02-22-2014, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

can't comment because I can't stand listening to him for more than 30 secs.... else I would be like him, comment on something I never use. lol
02-22-2014, 07:14 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

coincidently, it seems his 'reviews' comes when Pentax releases some 'kick-nikons-ass' camera.....like his previous review of K5 - seems to be some pattern here

Stop giving the guy more views........
02-22-2014, 08:30 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have not watched this. However, Tard of the Image made silly remarks about previous Pentax cameras as well.

02-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote
Stop giving the guy more views.......
Agreed. This guy seems a commercially-motivated troll, pure and simple. He says things that are blatantly stupid in order to generate controversy and interest in his stuff. He wants the Youtube views and his slice of the ad revenue.

Ken Rockwell operates his web site in much same style - courting controversy as link bait - but at least KR knows his technology. This guy seems a bumbling amateur at the whole game.
02-23-2014, 01:28 AM   #9

Reviewer has never held the camera in their hands? At that point it ceases to be a review, and just an armchair rant. In fact I think this guy one-ups Jared Polin in the "art" of regurgitation.

Sorry, I just get kind of annoyed when I see people apparently achieving great success by just sitting back and BS-ing their way through content generation, when I put weeks into testing and many hours into writing up my own equipment reviews. Oh well, my audience (intelligent people) is not threatened I guess. ;-)

=Matt=
02-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #10
Veteran Member

He does have a point about the AF, it still isn't where it needs to be. Screw drive yes, it's quick and it works fine, but I think the SDM motors need an upgrade in speed. I was shooting a bike race this weekend and took the K3 and the two f2.8 DA* zooms with me. It was -24, and even from the first shot the AF caused me to miss. It was easier to manually focus close and then have the AFC take over to track the biker as it moved across the frame. It was okay in that respect. But after the first lap I got frustrated and switched to my Nikon D800, even though I didn't trust it in the snow.

all the advancements Pentax made with the K3 mean nothing if your subject isn't in focus.

That being said, I used it later on in the evening (same lens combo) to shoot a local band in the dim lighting of a pub and it worked very very well. I also did video on it and it worked better than the D800.

It becomes a case of right tool for the right job. For sports, the K3 & DA* zooms are still not there, we need an upgrade on the lens. But for low light concert photography the K3 seems to be a very good weapon. Just to use two examples from my shooting this weekend.
02-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
He does have a point about the AF, it still isn't where it needs to be. Screw drive yes, it's quick and it works fine, but I think the SDM motors need an upgrade in speed. I was shooting a bike race this weekend and took the K3 and the two f2.8 DA* zooms with me. It was -24, and even from the first shot the AF caused me to miss. It was easier to manually focus close and then have the AFC take over to track the biker as it moved across the frame. It was okay in that respect. But after the first lap I got frustrated and switched to my Nikon D800, even though I didn't trust it in the snow.

all the advancements Pentax made with the K3 mean nothing if your subject isn't in focus.

That being said, I used it later on in the evening (same lens combo) to shoot a local band in the dim lighting of a pub and it worked very very well. I also did video on it and it worked better than the D800.

It becomes a case of right tool for the right job. For sports, the K3 & DA* zooms are still not there, we need an upgrade on the lens. But for low light concert photography the K3 seems to be a very good weapon. Just to use two examples from my shooting this weekend.
That seems to be my conclusion as well. I would use the K-3 in a heartbeat for 95% of professional photography, save for maybe high-speed action sports. And hey, did anybody ever stop to think "well that' why they charge $6-8K for the Canon/Nikon sports flagships?"

And really, in its price range, what other camera has the AF system that the K-3 has? None, or very few... I have always admired Pentax for their interest in bringing "darn good" to the masses and even the beginners; I remember a few years ago when the K200D came out, it made a laughing stock of all the other beginner DSLRs on the market with it's weather sealing and cross-type AF points galore. (At least, on paper?)

=Matt=
02-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
He may have a point, but all those big screens and that big desk can't hide the fact that all he does is quote what is on another site.