Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Adorama Checks In On The K-3

Who need the "D.." review when we've got the "A" as in Adorama. Sandy Ramirez give it a head-to-toe. Well worth viewing.
Pentax K3 Digital SLR Camera Review from Adorama Learning Center
I'm adding it to the 'Reviews So Far' thread.
Ron

02-24-2014, 03:53 AM   #2

Not a bad review. Great photos to accompany the review. One needs sometimes these "professional"photos taken with a camera in order to convince the reader that this kind of work is actually possible with a Pentax

Video and Pentax is not synonymous. Much like Fuji. I still think a second camera dedicated to some video work is probably better than an all-in-one. My Nex5N gives great video quality with continuous AF and tracking. But.....it does have this overheating tendency....very irritating.

As a photo centric device it seems the K-3 is just awesome.
02-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Interesting that the reviewer also experienced mirror flop... I think I'll be holding off buying one until that problem is resolved. I had a K-5 that did the same thing, and CRIS replaced the main board under warranty to fix it. While it cost nothing (except shipping) it did take the camera out of service for a while.
02-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #4

Mirror Flop in Review

How is it that a review dated Feb 21, 2014, references only a firmware update 1.01 that was released Dec 19,2013, whereas firmware update 1.02 had been available since Feb 05, 2014? I do not know the reveiwer or even Adorama that well but someone was not doing their homework. The interview also mentioned that Ricoh is aware of the issue. Something does not seem right if folks are still having an issue with firmware 1.02