Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
02-25-2014, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #31
Unregistered User

I wonder if there will be a possibility to update or change firmware on the Flu-card or if it is as is when you buy it. Anyone that knows? Was there no manual with it? My K-3 was shipped without manual but they sent me one when it came...

02-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Got the OFC1 tonight. Useless PoS.
02-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
... I am a bit confused. I envisioned using the flu card to tether my camera to an android device and set it up by our little owl nest boxes - but without live view this won't make sense, and if live view leads to battery drain, then this probably isn't feasible at all.

How do you use this for remote control _without_ live view? Just trust your luck?
02-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
I wonder if there will be a possibility to update or change firmware on the Flu-card or if it is as is when you buy it. Anyone that knows?
I have it on pretty good authority that the firmware can and will be updated... (the K-3 even displays the firmware of the card!) so it's just a question of when, and what changes will be made.

QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
Wow, that just speaks volumes...

Last edited by panoguy; 02-25-2014 at 03:46 PM.
02-25-2014, 03:53 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Useless. Live view hasn't worked once. Works randomly for a few minutes then packs up. Freezes then completely fails.

If you have Android set Automatic Network Switch off.

Anyway, it's going back not fit for purpose.
02-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Sorry

I know you had high hopes.

Steve
02-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would hold onto it for a few more days. Bet you anything it requires a firmware update."Early March" perhaps?

Michael

02-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #38
Unregistered User

Well, in Sweden it looks like we have to wait until mid march for it so I guess the UK became the beta testers this time. Hang in there, my gut says it will be perfected.
02-25-2014, 05:05 PM   #39
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Budd Quote
There are no APPs this is a web based solution on the FLU card only

I downloaded the flu card app already for my IPhone so now I'm confused.
02-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #40

Dear Brendan
thank you for the input!
I would like to ask several questions if I may:
1. maximum working distance between Flucard and mobile device

2. when write JPEG to Flucard and Raw the another SDcard, does Flucard only transfer JPEG to mobile device connected to it?

3. same setup as 2nd question, but use the fastest card (sandisk extreme pro(95/90MB)) if possible, will the write speed of the faster(sandisk extreme pro) card be effected by the Flucard(which I assume write speed of Flu card is not on par with sandisk extreme pro), I want to ask this because canon 5dIII slows down the write speed on faster CF card if you use a sd card along with it.

4. could you please test the write/ read speed of Flu card(using a stand alone card reader(USB 3.0 instead of USB 2.0 if possible)

5. Does Flucard live stream camera's Live view to mobile device? (a video would be great!)

6. Do you need to re-establish the connection if both mobile device and camera idle for a while? for example, if I setup camera for time lapse shooting. After a while, I would like to use mobile device to check how the camera is doing or try to stop time lapse shooting via mobile device, is it possible without physically touching the camera(waking it up)?

Thank you very much!!
02-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex Nostalgix Quote
I downloaded the flu card app already for my IPhone so now I'm confused.
There are two FLUCard versions - the generic 8GB WiFi card 'Flucard Pro' and the Pentax-specific 16GB Flucard O-FC1.

The apps you can download from:
:::: Flucard pro :::: are for the generic Flucard. They won't work [it seems] on the Pentax O-FC1 card.
02-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Useless. Live view hasn't worked once. Works randomly for a few minutes then packs up. Freezes then completely fails.

If you have Android set Automatic Network Switch off.

Anyway, it's going back not fit for purpose.
Sounds like an issue with your android device.

I've found chrome most reliable in linux
and firefox in Android

I also note weak wifi lead to LV drop out so check your not congesting channels.
Channel used is settable from the settings tab

You can use WiFi analyzer from the play store to check channels usage in your area.

What is 'Android set automatic' ?

I'm guessing you mean auto AP selection and it keeps disconnecting from the OFC-1 and reconnecting to your LAN?

A clear indication you have generic WiFi issues in your environment.

Last edited by awaldram; 02-25-2014 at 11:33 PM.
02-26-2014, 10:07 AM   #43
Veteran Member

automatic network switch turns a weak network connection off.

Nope, this thing is not stable or simple to maintain a connection. Very unstable in fact and live view still won't work.

Horrible thing.
02-26-2014, 10:19 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Nope, this thing is not stable or simple to maintain a connection. Very unstable in fact and live view still won't work.

Horrible thing.
Strange quite a lot of us have them and only you seem to be experiencing drops .

Wonder if you have some fat/bonded channel routers in your area killing all available bandwidth.
for proof it works my new remote trigger
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by awaldram; 02-26-2014 at 11:01 AM.
02-26-2014, 11:00 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Horrible thing.
QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
Strange quite a lot of us have them and only you seem to be experiencing drops .

Wonder if you have some fat/bonded channel routers in your area killing all available bandwidth.
I've had live view cut out randomly on occasion, and usually pressing the "Refresh" button will get it going again. If it doesn't work at all for you, then it might be a defective card.

The entire wi-fi signal will drop sporadically (and it takes about 5 seconds to restart) when the card gets hot, which has been after 15 minutes of use indoors. Outdoors, it's currently -10°C here, so heat isn't an issue, rather the battery on my K-3 dies from the cold.

I should also note here I've had the O-FC1 card for almost a month now, so I've done lots of stupid things with it already! (f.e: connect 4 devices at once, and have them all try to control the camera and view live view (nope!), or try to batch download raw files by copying the full-res JPEG image address, inserting ".dng")

Last edited by panoguy; 02-26-2014 at 12:59 PM.