Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zode1 Quote
Thanks a ton, Ter-or!

I just found a guide Pentax K-3 e-book

Hopefully it's worth it.
High There, could you let me know how you found the E-Book for information, and settings on the K3
i.e. is it worth getting,
as a new K3 owner I like to glean all the information I can
Thanks Tom G

04-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #17

It doesn't deal with the Flucard if that's important to you.
04-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom777 Quote
High There, could you let me know how you found the E-Book for information, and settings on the K3
i.e. is it worth getting,
as a new K3 owner I like to glean all the information I can
Thanks Tom G
Hey Tom.

I found the guide pretty useful. It didn't necessarily recommend what the ideal settings are, but it definitely opened my eyes to some of the features of the K-3 I wasn't aware of. It was worth it, in my opinion!
04-24-2014, 02:50 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Hey Tom.

I found the guide pretty useful. It didn't necessarily recommend what the ideal settings are, but it definitely opened my eyes to some of the features of the K-3 I wasn't aware of. It was worth it, in my opinion!
Hi again

Thanks for the answer will consider getting this book

Tom G

05-02-2014, 04:50 PM - 1 Like   #20
Banned

Hey all,

The Pentax K-3 will be my first SLR. I've had my RX100II since September, and fallen in love with photography, and wanted to step into the DSLR market.

As someone who is relatively new, I bought the Friedman Archives "Guide to the RX100II" which has been an awesome resource whenever I have questions about what certain functions of the camera do.

I know that the K-3 is going to be quite a beast to tame for someone pretty unfamiliar with all of its controls and settings.

Does anyone have any tips (for example, I read in another thread turning off high ISO auto NR) that will help a beginner? Or perhaps a link to a professional guide book more in-depth than the standard owner's manual?

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate it immensely.
Hi There Mate,

Welcome to the world of Pentax, and SLR photography!

As a helpful starting point, the review of the K-3 posted by this very site included a 'recommended settings' page: Pentax K-3 Review - Recommended Settings - Pentax Camera Forums

In the K-3 you have a tool that can do just about anything you could imagine (in photography), but like any other tool, it is only as good as your own knowledge and skill. The more willing you are to learn about photography, and develop your ability, the more the K-3 will reward you with great photos. Most people (myself included), spend decades on the journey of becoming better photographers.

It's an enjoyable and rewarding journey, I hope you enjoy yours