Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2014, 12:03 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

FLUCARD PRO for Pentax K-3 Setup and How To Guide

Spyros has his video up.. (Spyros is not me, I am sharing this here).

Cheers!

03-01-2014, 12:46 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent video thanks so much. Everything works now except my live view. I changed to 360/240 with now luck. Keep getting a "The operation can not be completed correctly" message. The same on both my iPad 3 and my iPhone 4S.
03-01-2014, 04:53 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dmoisuk Quote
Excellent video thanks so much. Everything works now except my live view. I changed to 360/240 with now luck. Keep getting a "The operation can not be completed correctly" message. The same on both my iPad 3 and my iPhone 4S.

Hi,

Maybe you need to change the transmission channel. There's some discussion of this in this thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/252734-came-down-flu-card-questions-5.html

Try around post numbers 62-64

More detail on how to in the operation manual that can be found here:
Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

It's listed as O-CF1 and is the first link under the accessories heading near the bottom of the page.
03-01-2014, 05:54 AM   #4
Unregistered User

Seems that i[Product name] are having problems. Try connecting to the computer first to verify.

03-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lots of color pictures of each operation on the Ricoh-Imaging Japan Site

Home >> Products >> Accessories >> Flucard for PENTAX
QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Hi,

Maybe you need to change the transmission channel. There's some discussion of this in this thread
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/252734-came-down-flu-card-questions-5.html

Try around post numbers 62-64

More detail on how to in the operation manual that can be found here:
Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

It's listed as O-FC1 and is the first link under the accessories heading near the bottom of the page.
03-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #6

Solved the problem. Went to LV settings and turned off composition adjust.
03-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dmoisuk Quote
Solved the problem. Went to LV settings and turned off composition adjust.
That's the kiddie!!! That's what sent me into mega rant for two days and revealed me to be the utter fool that I am.

Works a charm.

Sorry Pentax.

03-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
That's the kiddie!!! That's what sent me into mega rant for two days and revealed me to be the utter fool that I am.

Works a charm.

Sorry Pentax.

Parry,

Thanks, that saved me from having to point out your rant. This isn't a criticism, it's recognition that I've been on the verge of publically pulling my hair out on several occasions. In fact when I've done exactly that I always like to be able to be the one that retracts the sentiment before others weigh in. Consequently I try very hard not to weigh in unless there's no alternative. I have a Window Phone 8.1 model that doesn't respond in any way to my flucard, other than to give me helpful information that this browser doesn't work with this 'very well'. So.... I now need to get an Apple or Android product to be a 'field photographer' (as I believe Ricoh think I am). I can sit in my office and link to my PC and google chrome all day long, but that isn't why I choose photography as a pastime.

I hope your newfound connectivity is fruitful
03-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I can sit in my office and link to my PC and google chrome all day long, but that isn't why I choose photography as a pastime. I hope your newfound connectivity is fruitful
Can you run Chrome, Safari or Firefox on the WinPhone instead of Explorer? The phone links, correct? So the issue is the browser interface?
03-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Can you run Chrome, Safari or Firefox on the WinPhone instead of Explorer? The phone links, correct? So the issue is the browser interface?

Nope Chrome, Safari and Firefox do not run on Windows Phone 8 or 8.1 as far as I can ascertain. There are various proxy equivalent apps but none I have tried communicate with the windows phone/O-CF1 combination. I have Lumia 920, I should not have supported my Finnish heritage so blindly. If any one has a Windows Phone 8/ O-CF1 solution I would be very keen to hear what it is.

Last edited by unkipunki; 03-01-2014 at 04:49 PM. Reason: grammatical error
03-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Works a charm.

Sorry Pentax.
Having done this myself... the lack of a trouble shooting guide in the USER Guide is, to put it mildly troubling. I'm not letting Pentax off the hook on this. Either get it right in the manual, or have someone available to talk people through it.
03-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If any one has a Windows Phone 8/ O-CF1 solution I would be very keen to hear what it is.
I don't have my card yet (USA) but this is one of those times that I fell about APple and Google oligopolistic behavior the same way I felt about Microsoft on Desktops in the 90's. They killed WordPerfect. They killed Borland QuattroPro and Paradox.

Maybe they're getting some of their own back.
03-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Having done this myself... the lack of a trouble shooting guide in the USER Guide is, to put it mildly troubling. I'm not letting Pentax off the hook on this. Either get it right in the manual, or have someone available to talk people through it.
Yep - pretty poor understanding of the user experience expectation to think we all intuitively understand the intricacies of Wi-Fi to divices under several OS'es running on different browsers at different resolutions.

The permutations of setting combinations and conflicts is fairly large. Reminds me of the days when computers had accessory cards with DIP switches and back washing decice conflicts
03-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I don't have my card yet (USA) but this is one of those times that I fell about APple and Google oligopolistic behavior the same way I felt about Microsoft on Desktops in the 90's. They killed WordPerfect. They killed Borland QuattroPro and Paradox.

Maybe they're getting some of their own back.

The trouble is that HTC/Nokia and Windows Phone have been late to the party. Not exactly like Pentax but similar, Pentax have stayed true to an ideal, as have Nokia. Nokia stayed true for too long. I still believe that Symbian remains the most intuitive mobile phone interface, but it doesn't cut it with interconnectivity. All the other platforms have had 3rd party improvement for years, Windows phone is trying to catch up. I can't get iOptron support for the Skytracker on my Windows phone but it's fine for Android and IOS. It's exactly the same for the Flucard. It isn't that it can't be done it just demand based. It's like Sigma K mount compatibility really; it will probably come but who knows when?
03-02-2014, 03:49 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Yes, the lack of manual at the time was a bit . . . ya' know.

It would be handy if the thing can do MF and focus peaking. That way I can aim the lens up on a tripod without having to put pressure on what cartilage my knees have left.

---------- Post added 02-03-14 at 17:56 ----------

Yes, the lack of manual at the time was a bit . . . ya' know.

It would be handy if the thing can do MF and focus peaking. That way I can aim the lens up on a tripod without having to put pressure on what cartilage my knees have left.
Yes Parry, it does MF and focus peaking you thick k£$%!

PS: Try it gang, it's really really good at MF and focus peaking.