Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
Forum Member

FluCard Pro for Pentax K-3 BEEPS

I have the K3 set up to put JPEG's on the Flucard and RAW on the card in slot #1 so I can take the Flucard out to review the photos.

When I put the Flucard in my regular multireader - it works for 15 to 30 seconds then stops. I will work better in a single reader, but after 30 seconds or so it starts beeping and does not stop. The beeping is fairly annoying. Is there any way to stop it? Do I have a defective card? I know it's designed to permit me to access the images wireless, and I like to do that, but prefer to see them all at once sometimes.

03-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Is your Multireader connected to a USB hub? If you have a whole bunch of USB devices connected to your computer, try using only your multireader. I'm guessing that the Flucard has a high power requirement (having to power up a Wifi chip) and you might be running out of power on your USB port. It's a long shot but it's worth trying it out.
03-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Multireader is plugged directly into USB slot built into the motherboard.

Beeping happens no matter which reader the card is put.

Seems to be faster at downloading images than the Transcend card, but not by much. The wireless control over the shutter speed, apeture and ISO is VERY COOL.
03-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Question: Why does FLUCARD® PRO in sender mode continue to beep even when the transmission has completed?

Answer: When in Sender mode, the FLUCARD® PRO is capable of sending contents to multiple FLUCARD® PRO in receiver mode. Therefore, it is constantly waiting to connect to FLUCARD® PRO in receiver mode and continues to beep. Please restart your camera to stop the beeping.

:::: Flucard pro ::::

03-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Answer: When in Sender mode, the FLUCARD® PRO is capable of sending contents to multiple FLUCARD® PRO in receiver mode. Therefore, it is constantly waiting to connect to FLUCARD® PRO in receiver mode and continues to beep. Please restart your camera to stop the beeping.

Hey Steve, does this mean that the Flucard is in sender mode when I put it into an SD card reader even though no wifi devices are connected to it? So whenever the card has power to it, and it is not turned off by software in the camera, it is going to beep???

Here's a silly question - why is the beeping useful to me? Either I have a device connected and it's working or not - I can tell from the device. No other hotspots I have beep.