Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #31

Hello,
I have the same problem (splash window for a few seconds then nothing ) on a laptop asus aspire V3 771 G Windows 8.1 .
I have try all the tricks written here, plus a change in the language installation (English instead of french)
An update with the last version of the software (5.2.1) didn't change anything .
Pascal.

11-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #32

Original Poster
Pascal,

I have tried the latest update also with no luck. Have you tried to right click a raw file and select camera digital utility to open it?
12-14-2014, 02:17 AM   #33

Hello I've got exactly the same issue. At the beginning I thought that I can live without this software. I've got Lightroom which give much more possibility. But during my last vacation I used HDR capability on my K3 and I want to do some adjustment and I can't do this. I've got a SSD on my computer. For those with this issue, have you got a SSD or only HDD?
12-14-2014, 05:35 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have installed and run the software on Three different computers now. Two with Windows 7 pro (one with SSD + HDD but the software is installed on the HDD and one with SSD) and one with Windows 8.1 pro (all Three 64 bit). It works well on all. The thing is to install the software with the account that you are going to use and that account has to have administrative privileges during the install and first start. If Windows 7 or 8 finds that you are trying to install a software without administrative privileges it will automatically switch to the admin account and ask you for the password. This will not work. The software can not be installed with "run as".

12-14-2014, 07:03 AM   #35

I've got all administrative's right on my computer and tried many times to install this software with my account. There are no issues during installation. The problem is when I try to launch it. A window opens and closes immediately. I wrote to Pentax to have some advise about this issue. But on their side it seems like this software is a gift and you can't complain on it. I never received any answer so I'm trying to solve this by myself. It's probably something depending of the hardware or of the software I've got on my computer. So I understand the no answer from Pentax because it's probably too much difficult to solve something depending of all kind of computers configure you can find on their client's side.
12-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have seen problems with my wife's laptop an Windows 8.1. But on hers the computer started acting up after Windows did it's automatic update thing. On her computer it would come up, the whole desktop would flash on then go to a blue screen (not the blue screen of death) and just stay there, So after trying a few different things I went into the restore facility and rebooted the unit to a previous known good boot up. The system came up and I immediately shut off all automatic Windows updates. Been running fine since,

So did it work before? If so go back an restore to an known good boot up from that time period and shut off automatic Windows updates.

BTW the software that Windows had the issue was a $2,400 piece of design software for my wife;s embroidery sewing machine,

I did have problems installing the software on two of my computers. The CD did not boot up automatically so I manually installed it.
12-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sophil40 Quote
I've got all administrative's right on my computer and tried many times to install this software with my account. There are no issues during installation. The problem is when I try to launch it. A window opens and closes immediately. I wrote to Pentax to have some advise about this issue. But on their side it seems like this software is a gift and you can't complain on it. I never received any answer so I'm trying to solve this by myself. It's probably something depending of the hardware or of the software I've got on my computer. So I understand the no answer from Pentax because it's probably too much difficult to solve something depending of all kind of computers configure you can find on their client's side.
Then the installation shouldn't be the probleme as it was for me in the beginning.
If you have enough fysical RAM the other issue I can think of is antivirus and firewall software. You could try to disable both for a quick test.

02-08-2015, 03:05 AM   #38

Sorry for this very long time before giving an answer to this thread.
I've just tried to test installation and running without antivirus and without firewall. The result is the same. The screen splash opens and closes, and nothing happens after. Probably the problem is due to a compayibility with other stuffs: software or hardware? Difficult to understand
02-08-2015, 07:25 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Windows 8.1 has seems to have this problem with a lot of programs. Especially after automatic updates are installed. I have had this problem show up on two different computers running Windows 8.1 on different programs. Very frustrating to deal with. It is basically Microsoft arrogance. They see no need to be backward compatible with anything that isn't made by them. I would try to see if you can go back to Windoes 7 and see if the program runs okay./
02-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by Sophil40 Quote
Sorry for this very long time before giving an answer to this thread.
I've just tried to test installation and running without antivirus and without firewall. The result is the same. The screen splash opens and closes, and nothing happens after. Probably the problem is due to a compayibility with other stuffs: software or hardware? Difficult to understand
I have had the exact same problem and found no solution. Perhaps incompatibility with the graphic card? I gave up long time ago, though.
02-12-2017, 09:57 PM   #41
Pentaxian

I've been looking for a thread on the Pentax Digital Camera Software. I know that our photo editor is silky pix. Does anyone here know how to add a water mark on a photograph using the software that goes with our cameras?