Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #1

k3 and raw

aperture just stopped reading raw/dng photos from k3 half the photos were read and have were not what do i do

03-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Stupid questions: (sorry, not that your'e stupid, but it helps narrow down the problem when it is all out of context)

First, I assume by "read" you mean being able to view the image... not that it gave an error that the file does not exist or otherwise could not be read?

Have you fully quit and restarted aperture?
Does it still read existing images that it could read before, or does it now read none of them?

My Mac OS X will not always show previews for all files. (very frustrating!)
The same image format library is used for the OS as well as Aperture and iPhoto, etc...
It seems that the codex for reading image formats can be VERY slow and finicky.
I would see if those same images can be viewed by the OS (quick view, icon preview images, etc...)
Try clicking on the image so that the OS can generate its own preview.

See if that changes behavior. It may just be Apple's image library needs a bit of a kick in the pants to do its thing once in a while.
03-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #3

Original Poster
Sorry about terms I use yes your correct aperture gives me a message unsupported file data shows dng in place of image they are read/shown in the finder thumbnail and is opened and shown in previewer. This is a new problem since I have imported many photos from the k3
03-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rgleland Quote
Sorry about terms I use yes your correct aperture gives me a message unsupported file data shows dng in place of image they are read/shown in the finder thumbnail and is opened and shown in previewer. This is a new problem since I have imported many photos from the k3
Yeah, that sounds odd.
Especially odd if they files are viewable through Finder. They use the same library.

I hate to say it, but have you tried rebooting? I wish I new which service to restart, but something in the background may have crashed or locked up a file.

Sorry, I'm not more helpful.
If you find a resolution... Do keep us informed. I'm sure you won't be the last person with such an issue.