Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2014, 05:13 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Where to buy a Flu Card in Europe?

It may seem odd but I've been trying for weeks to buy a Flu Card online.

Every place I find it seems to have some problem to ship it to me, they either don't ship to Malta or ask an unbelievable amount for shipping. There seems to be something special about the Flu Card in this respect, or maybe it's just me.

I'm buying stuff online all the time from all over the world but I've never found it so difficult to buy something as I am finding with the Flu Card.

Has anyone here in Europe bought one online? From where?

04-12-2014, 05:33 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lister6520 Quote
Has anyone here in Europe bought one online? From where?
I did - one week ago:

I sent a mail to SRS Microsystems in the UK and got confirmation that they had it in stock. Ordered it the same day (Friday) and it was shipped by UPS the day after (Saturday). Took some 6 days then, to reach my destination (Thursday).

But you are right, they seem to be in high demand here in Europe. Only a few DK online shops advertise the FluCard, but they are constantly changing the estimated date of availability. So far from end March to begin May......
04-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some times, the shipping charges in Europe are crazy.
04-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
I did - one week ago:

I sent a mail to SRS Microsystems in the UK and got confirmation that they had it in stock. Ordered it the same day (Friday) and it was shipped by UPS the day after (Saturday). Took some 6 days then, to reach my destination (Thursday).

But you are right, they seem to be in high demand here in Europe. Only a few DK online shops advertise the FluCard, but they are constantly changing the estimated date of availability. So far from end March to begin May......
I tried SRS but for some odd reason they do not ship to Malta

04-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
Unregistered User

In Sweden we have Pentax Flucard 16 Gb till K-3 | Pentax FlucardDetta minneskort g and they charge 195 SEK for the shipping outside Sweden.
04-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I ended up ordering it from CliftonCamera in the UK, same place I got the K-3, but it cost me almost 160 Euro inclusive of VAT, postage and insurance. Quite steep considering it is just $99 in the US but is by no means expensive compared to other places I tried.

@Tjompen, thanks for the suggestion it seems it would have worked out a little cheaper from there but I had just ordered before seeing your post.