Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2014, 06:13 AM   #1
Forum Member

Display 'hanging' or going blank

Hi all

A couple of times recently I've found that my rear display has either gone blank and won't come back on without turning on and off, or it appears to have hung with partial information shown (perhaps no aperture and shutter speed). In both cases the camera appears to be focusing (you can hear lens focusing when pushing shutter button half way). Anyone seen this before ?

Didn't happen for first couple of thousands shots ... but has happened a couple of times in last few trips out.

Paul.

05-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What happens if you press the Info or Menu button?
05-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Absolutely nothing.

Even the shooting mode dial doesn't seem to respond. The only thing that appears to operate is the shutter button although I only confirmed it was focusing with half press. I didn't actually shoot anything.

Very odd.

Paul.
05-10-2014, 07:14 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Sorry to raise again ... but has no one else had a problem with their camera appearing to become unresponsive aside from the shutter half press ... i.e. none of other buttons getting a response ...and also the same with the back display going off whilst nothing except shutter half press appearing to do anything. Had to power off and on. Seems rather odd ... would appreciate other thoughts.

Paul.

05-20-2014, 11:34 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
i experienced a hang last night. Been shooting on Av, RAW, whole night no problem. Then after one photo was taken, the camera hangs on the preview photo for about 10 seconds (may be shorter, so drunk). I press all the button and could not get out the preview, power off the camera, but didnt help, still stuck on preview. Was about to remove the battery, then it powered off.