Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2014, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #1
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K3 review from "Reid Reviews"

For anyone interested there is a great review on the K3 at "Reid Reviews" here: Welcome to ReidReviews which appears to be quite impressive. This is available with a subscription, yes, but his reviews are usually pretty much spot on...

05-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't checked this site ... yet.
Is it really worth subscribing to it?

Also:
I have a good friend who lives in Mahone Bay !! Of all places, I never thought I'd find a resident of this very beautiful place right here on this forum.
The friend, a great golfer and former colleague, used to live in Ottawa ... moved there in Mahone Bay a few years ago.
That may well ring a bell, or not.

Cheers!

JP
05-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was wondering if the subscription was worth it. Could not even find how much the subscription was (presumeably I have to start subscribing and entering my details first which I'm not overly happy doing).
05-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #4

His reviews are thorough and well worth the annual subscription, in my opinion. It is currently $32.95. Scroll down the home page to the section headed Subscribing.

Many of his reviews concern rangefinder equipment but Pentax is the SLR brand he reviews most often - cameras and lenses. When I am contemplating an expensive purchase, the price of a reliable Reid review is neither here nor there.

05-14-2014, 11:51 PM   #5
Forum Member

It was a very good and balanced review ��
05-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #6
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I haven't checked this site ... yet.
Is it really worth subscribing to it?

Also:
I have a good friend who lives in Mahone Bay !! Of all places, I never thought I'd find a resident of this very beautiful place right here on this forum.
The friend, a great golfer and former colleague, used to live in Ottawa ... moved there in Mahone Bay a few years ago.
That may well ring a bell, or not.

Cheers!

JP
Well, JP, I don't see who it is - is he a Pentax user too? Send me a PM if you want?

---------- Post added 05-15-14 at 22:11 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfred Quote
His reviews are thorough and well worth the annual subscription, in my opinion. It is currently $32.95. Scroll down the home page to the section headed Subscribing.

Many of his reviews concern rangefinder equipment but Pentax is the SLR brand he reviews most often - cameras and lenses. When I am contemplating an expensive purchase, the price of a reliable Reid review is neither here nor there.
I agree with Alfred - its worth it. I didn't renew my subscription so I don't have that review. If I upgrade from my K5IIs I might just do that but right now that camera is totally satisfying with a K5 as back-up...!
05-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
I was wondering if the subscription was worth it. Could not even find how much the subscription was (presumeably I have to start subscribing and entering my details first which I'm not overly happy doing).
He requires minimal details to be entered, and the subscription works well with paypal. The reviews are rangefinder centred, but there have been sufficient Pentax body and lens reviews available to make the subscription worthwhile. In particular, I found brought a Zeiss ZK 35/2, and found Sean's review of the lens very helpful in my decision making.

I have learnt a lot from reading what Sean Reid writes - he is very thorough - I have subscribed for the past 3 years, and found the subscription good value for money.

05-17-2014, 04:57 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I found brought a Zeiss ZK 35/2, and found Sean's review of the lens very helpful in my decision making.
Ah, the Zeiss ZK35/2, what a wonderful lens that is, especially when printing A3+. Reminds me I am still looking out for the Pentax FF, with a Sony A7 as an alternative.
It's nice to hear he thougroughly reviewed the Pentax K3

Chris