Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Sigma 18-35 f1.8 - B&H shipping

B&H reported they have been satisfying "pre-orders" for the Sigma in Pentax K mount. Hopefully a few may have new homes to Forum members, and we might hear from you. Still on the list and patiently waiting to understand my status in the queue.

Cheers,

RM

Edit: the lens is now shipping!
Link - Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Lens for Pentax 210-109 B&H Photo

05-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
AFAIK the lens hasn't started shipping in the Pentax mount yet. The wait goes on...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #3

Original Poster
Well.....at ease everyone, step away from you B&H shopping cart....

The well intended and good folks at B&H, unfortunately (after further queries to them and knowledgeable Forum sources), have in fact, miss-spoke regarding the glass and our mount. It went like this....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B&H: Unfortunately, at this time we don't have an estimate for the arrival of this Sigma 18-35 f1.8 for Pentax K mount. Although we have received a few shipments, it is being released in limited quantities by the manufacturer. As we receive them, we fulfill the orders that were placed most in advance.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, please be assured if you order it will be shipped as we continue to receive them in stock. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

RM: So you have had them in stock and you are selling them?
B&H: Yes, that is correct.
B&H: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
RM: Interesting. Thank you B&H for your help. I'll share this information with the Pentax Forum and let them know that B&H has been satisfying orders of this lens in Pentax K mount. No one on the Forum has yet received their copy of this lens yet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, the glass in question has in fact been shipping, but only in Canon and Nikon mounts, not Pentax as was indicated above. So, back to the delirium of endless days, and looking at what still remains a faint mirage.

Cheers,

RM-
05-22-2014, 10:40 PM   #4

FYI i am in Oz and am waiting on shipment of this lens. Order in January and have been now told arrival of late June....... Will let u know otherwise!

07-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Norwegian fotovideo.no just changed today stock situation from unknown delivery date to having two of theese in stock.
07-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #6

Original Poster
Ah, welcome news Simon1. Perhaps the mirage will begin to solidify here in the states. Krumkake for everyone.

RM
07-02-2014, 01:50 AM   #7

I've have contact with a supplier here in Aussie land I'm told 17/7 over the phone and now email 22/7.......
Was meant to be May!
Grrrrr

07-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Mine was sent from JapanPhoto.no today after a year long pre order. They got at least 3 more in stock. I think Sigma is shipping this in small quantities well spread out around the world now to satisfy pre order customers. I guess they are planning to get it permanently in stores around the world later.

The worlds first APS-C f/1,8 zoom, image stabilized will be mounted on my camera before the weekend! Ohh, I can't wait!
07-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Mine was sent from JapanPhoto.no today after a year long pre order. They got at least 3 more in stock. I think Sigma is shipping this in small quantities well spread out around the world now to satisfy pre order customers. I guess they are planning to get it permanently in stores around the world later.

The worlds first APS-C f/1,8 zoom, image stabilized will be mounted on my camera before the weekend! Ohh, I can't wait!
Many thanks Simon1 ! Waiting for confirmation.....!

Cheers,

RM
07-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #10

BH Photo has them in stock. Come on Americans. Get one and let us know what you think.
07-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #11

FYI Aussie arrival yesterday
07-09-2014, 03:58 AM   #12
Forum Member

I got the lens in Norway last week and I'm very satisfied with my first impressions! Worth the extreme long wait!
07-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had a chance to test the lens in the store (Estonia, Tallinn). It sure is big and heavy, but damn does it produce great image quality. The build quality is far superior to any Pentax zoom lens I have ever witnessed. I was quick enough to book the only copy they had
07-09-2014, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #14

But does it defeat the purpose of a small crop sensor camera when the lens weighs as much as the camera body?
07-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
In my opinion it does not. At least you have a choice. I don't care much about such things as size and weight, as long as it is not something of a D4 or 1D size.