Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
My thoughts as well, though I will have to build a bigger shelf. Too many cameras...too many lenses.

Steve
A bigger shelf!
I'll need Shelves, Shelves, Shelves, Shelves
Glenn

Last edited by G and T; 06-27-2014 at 11:54 AM.
06-27-2014, 04:47 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
A bigger shelf!
I'll need Shelves, Shelves, Shelves, Shelves
Glenn
You guys could suspend them on fine fishing line from the ceiling like mobiles.
08-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #48
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kayaker-J Quote
Oh, I think those two upgrades alone would represent a FAR greater improvement than the tweaking Sony played around with on the 16mp cameras. I might guess you are not trying to manually focus your lenses all that often on a small f.3.8 (or so) OVF screen, with no split-screen focusing aid, with eyes older than 45 years, give or take. It's not about a lens correction factor in eyeglasses. My resolution's pretty good -- no problem driving without glasses. I wonder what folks at Zeiss (in my dreams), or Cosina-Voigtlander, or Samyang, or Kowa (!) might think of a prosumer DSLR from Pentax that made critical focusing of their lenses in the viewfinder a snap for late middle age guys with some cash?

And loading up SD cards is SO Year-2002 -- or being, as it is, virtually the same concept as recording to film, taking out the "latent image container" with your fingers, transporting the container home to... etc., etc.; well, it's pretty much like... hmm, let's see, when did Oskar Barnack come up with the Leica "miniature" camera? It's over, bottom line -- DSLR makers simply don't appear to grasp the state of the culture, or their wheels are stuck in the mud. Just ask a content, satisfied iPhone-cam/Instagram user who's savvy to his present and imminent options in this area ...

No, the iPhone person may not be an enthusiast -- he just enjoys having the contemporary high end photo file handling the lower castes with DSLRs must, for the most part, trudge on without. Ha, ha... how long will it be before the DSLR folks finally close the buggy whip factory? The idea is simple -- you take the picture, and it's gone, whenever you want it to be... off to the digital file destinations (plural) of your choice. No muss, no fuss.The phone folks aren't quite all the way there, but I don't expect the tortoise to be winning this race.

I'd buy THAT fiddled with 'K' in a flash.
I don't know of any iphone/instagram user that prints his pictures and hangs them on their wall. Or a weeding/event photographer that brings his Ipad (and his Iphone as a backup) for a photoshoot.
08-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mirton Quote
I don't know of any iphone/instagram user that prints his pictures and hangs them on their wall. Or a weeding/event photographer that brings his Ipad (and his Iphone as a backup) for a photoshoot.
With all due respect, what does your response have to do with the point of any of my observations?

08-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kayaker-J Quote
With all due respect, what does your response have to do with the point of any of my observations?
He was fishing to see if you'd actually heard of weeding events.

Last edited by normhead; 08-08-2014 at 05:36 PM.
08-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
He was actually fishing to see if you'd actually heard of weeding events.
Are these big events? We do not have anything like that here. But considering the state of my garden maybe I could organize one.....
08-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Are these big events? We do not have anything like that here. But considering the state of my garden maybe I could organize one.....
Think Mirton might be a weeding event organizer. He seems to know some of the rules, like you can't bring an iPhone or iPad, I'm pretty sure that's what he said. (I'm not sure if he organizes weeding events or sells Android devices.)

08-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
He seems to know some of the rules, like you can't bring an iPhone or iPad,
Well that makes sense, I don't see what use an iPad would be at a weeding event anyway. Just get in the way and slow everybody down while they looked at pictures of somebody's wedding on the darn thing......
08-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #54
Banned

Weeding events are fairly new, (like owling, or flash mobs a few years back) but I did get my point across. Kayaker forgot to mention a hydrogen fuel cell powered Dslr in his wish list.
08-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Well that makes sense, I don't see what use an iPad would be at a weeding event anyway. Just get in the way and slow everybody down while they looked at pictures of somebody's wedding on the darn thing......
Well, if the competition were held here, you might want an i-device or Android thing just for pulling up a field guide app to I.D. the diverse and interesting plant species cohabitating on my lawn (never mind a few garden intruders). I'm not that familiar with weeding competition rules, but I've heard it's pretty tough getting past the Jamaicans in the sprint events, and the Kenyans in the marathons. So gaining any small edge could help.

Last edited by Kayaker-J; 08-08-2014 at 06:33 PM.
08-11-2014, 12:40 AM   #56

Jamaicans know a thing or two about weeding [sprint weeding, a.k.a. 25 sprints a day?]