Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2014, 06:05 AM   #1

adaptor for canon lenses

I just jumped ship and ordered a K3 and wondered if there was an adaptor to let me use my Canon or Nikon lenses with my new camera.
Thank you,
mariakruse

08-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Short answer, not really.
08-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #3

Original Poster
adaptor for canon lenses

Thank you. I was afraid that might be so.
08-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You definitely can add pretty much any brand of lens -- if you are doing macro work with a bellows! As for infinity focus, you will be out of luck with most other brands of lens unless you either get them modified via Leitax (e.g. Leica R/Olympus/Contax modified for Pentax K) or opt for the Pentax K+ Multi-Mount (PK+MM) from the Adaptist mentioned elsewhere on this site. I think the general opinion is that those eBay adapters with glass are not recommended if you want to maintain quality.

YMMV

Michael

08-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #5

Original Poster
I guess I will just have to use the lenses I have for the kx until I can add a few better ones. Was hoping to salvage a few of my Canon and Nikon lenses but will now have excuse to indulge my GAS.
thanks for the information.
mariakruse
08-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mariakruse Quote
I guess I will just have to use the lenses I have for the kx until I can add a few better ones. Was hoping to salvage a few of my Canon and Nikon lenses but will now have excuse to indulge my GAS.
thanks for the information.
mariakruse
The lens database, and the Marketplace should help you with that

Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Pentax Lenses by Sigma, Tamron, Zeiss, and more - Reviews and Specification Database - Pentax Lens Review Database

Lens Sample Photo Archive - PentaxForums.com

The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax and Photo Equipment - PentaxForums.com