Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't know if this has anything to do with the OP problems, but my wish list for the Pentax Flucard and most of the new wireless cards coming out is that they would offer an option like the Eyefi pro cards which would not involve using the card as a wireless access point, but would allow it to join other networks.

I think some of the frustration people report over accessing the card on a computer or tablet comes from the fact that the WAP must be set to the Flu/EzShare/Mobi etc. This means any interruption in the card's signal will send the iPad trying to connect to its usual preferred network, and many of the settings on the browser start over again. I would rather have the option of using a compact battery operated multifunction WAP (I travel with one anyway to transfer files from SD to a HD, USB flash or to the iPad) and keep the power usage on the camera low.

08-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Has anyone seen this?
"In this short video, a Ricoh Imaging representative will show you how the Pentax FluCard works, and how to use it."

08-27-2014, 04:13 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Has anyone seen this?
"In this short video, a Ricoh Imaging representative will show you how the Pentax FluCard works, and how to use it."

Pentax FluCard Demo - YouTube
The other posted earlier in the thread was much more helpful. Funny because I was told specifically that they don't support firefox but the guy said they did in the video, LOL. But my issues is not a connection issue, because I get connected exactly as he presented in the video. I just can't get live view to show, as seen in my earlier screen shots. I still can't get it to work. My next step is trying to upgrade the card, although pentax said there is no need to. I get everything else to work and can take a picture, but I get no live view. Even after showing pentax the screen shots (I have been conversing with them for weeks), they basically said they could not help me because no one else had this issue. If this is a mistake I am making, no one has been able to tell me where or when I am making it.
08-27-2014, 10:11 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, Murf. I suspect you already have found this out but you need to disable image compensation (the ability to move the sensor around horizontally and vertically) when using the Flucard. Can't remember where this is in the K-3 menus and I don't have my K-3 with me right now. A few have been caught by this.

Jack

08-28-2014, 04:01 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Hey, Murf. I suspect you already have found this out but you need to disable image compensation (the ability to move the sensor around horizontally and vertically) when using the Flucard. Can't remember where this is in the K-3 menus and I don't have my K-3 with me right now. A few have been caught by this.

Jack
No one has mentioned that yet, I will look for it, thank you
08-28-2014, 05:13 AM   #21
Veteran Member

The part about image compensation is news to me as well.

My card connects well most of the time, but occasionally, I also struggle with getting the live view to work. Sometimes the Flucard just takes over and other times I must push the live view button,
08-28-2014, 07:36 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Could it be that you have a missing or blocked extension in Chrome?

Did you try to clear the browsing data/history (cache) ?

08-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I have actually had the same thing happen in Chrome on an iPad. The odd part is the remote control is working. Touch a spot, and you hear the focus changed. Touch the area of the shutter release, and it fires. The screen is blank, though. Log in on Safari, and everything works.

Last edited by GeneV; 08-28-2014 at 07:26 PM.
08-28-2014, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote

Jack
YES!!! Thank you, this worked - image compensation under the live view setting. Menu 3 under the camera settings. It works now. I can't believe Pentax didn't tell me to check that.
08-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
The part about image compensation is news to me as
Apparently it's news to Pentax support folks also.
08-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #26
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
YES!!! Thank you, this worked - image compensation under the live view setting. Menu 3 under the camera settings. It works now. I can't believe Pentax didn't tell me to check that.
Are you talking about "Composition Adjust."? (Camera menu 3/Live View/Composition Adjust.)
08-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Are you talking about "Composition Adjust."? (Camera menu 3/Live View/Composition Adjust.)

Yes sorry, I was typing fast in my excitement, the box needs to unchecked, that is the correct menu item
08-28-2014, 08:54 PM   #28

I think Pentax missed the boat by not adding Wi-Fi to the K-3.
I would pay a little more for Wi-Fi.

Last edited by bluebronco; 08-28-2014 at 09:53 PM.
08-29-2014, 06:46 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bluebronco Quote
I think Pentax missed the boat by not adding Wi-Fi to the K-3.
I would pay a little more for Wi-Fi.
I would, too. Since the Pentax Flucard came a good bit after the K3 was released, I'm wondering if it wasn't a way to develop the wifi separately to be, perhaps, integrated at a later time when all the bugs are worked out.
09-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #30

I am having the same problem since the firmware update . I can take picture and set the camera but no Live view. Hope theirs a fix for this...
I update the card thinking it may work but still had the same issues..........