Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Flu card issues

I have been working with Pentax, which has been no help, I have had one card replaced already. I posted this earlier because I was having problems with my kindle, but I have the same exact issue with my MAC laptop and tower

Anyone else have this issue: I get the flu card interface up, but the image area is black and I can't review my images either. I can take an image, it triggers the shutter, and saves an image to the card, but I can't see it. I also get a warning that pops up that says "The operation could not be completed correctly" whenever I take a photo

I have sent screen shots to pentax, and they haven't said I have done anything incorrectly, my settings seem to be right. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they resolved it.

I don't know if we can link to other posts, but the previous post is "Flu card and kindle workaround" and I also saw this issue in the pentax community help which sounds the same, posted back in May http://community.us.ricoh-imaging.com/t5/Digital-SLR/FLU-card-problem/m-p/340#U340, but I don't know if it was resolved. Any advice or help?

08-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is probably no help, but just confirming that you are using it in the correct SD slot?
Also, are you on the latest firmware?
(I haven't gotten mine yet, so no personal experience, but will hopefully have one in a week or two).

For review:

Last edited by cheekygeek; 08-21-2014 at 10:04 AM.
08-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yes, using slot 2. Firmware on camera is 1.10. I did upgrade firmware on card with link pentax sent me on my first card and it blew out the card and lost the mac address, so I used this second card straight from the box, Adorama replaced it for me for free. When I used the first card, it worked for a few weeks, then I had this issue. If I used the card in slot 1, I would not be getting the interface or wireless connection, which I am, and it is communicating with the camera to release the shutter, but won't give me a live view on my laptop, tower or kindle screen (I won't mention the kindle anymore because I know it is not supported, but I am having the same issue using Chrome and Safari on my laptop and tower)

My next step is testing on an windows laptop. I believe I had these issues after I upgraded camera firmware, but I can't roll back the firmware to test. I was wondering if it is a setting, but I sent screen shots to Pentax of all my settings and they see no issue. I prefer not to get a third card replacement, because I just don't think that is the problem. I will watch the video and see if I missed something

Just want to add I bought the card as part of the set through Adorama so I am sure it is the right card for the camera.

---------- Post added 08-21-14 at 01:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by cheekygeek Quote
This is probably no help, but just confirming that you are using it in the correct SD slot?
Also, are you on the latest firmware?
(I haven't gotten mine yet, so no personal experience, but will hopefully have one in a week or two).

For review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJKqvVhhwPM
Wow, really helpful video and it explains why I couldn't view raw files, but I still get the same problem. I thought maybe I didn't have the live view option on, but that is not it. It gives me the warning message "The operation could not be completed correctly" so something is wrong somewhere, not just something I am doing to not be able to view it. Darn.
08-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This is the second thread I'm reading where a card firmware update broke something. Did Pentax mess something up by adding unnecessary restrictions?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
Unregistered User

It works perfectly with my K-3 and 1.10 and reviewing images only works for jpegs.
On laptop, PC, and Android.
08-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #6

... so my Flu Card says "memory card error". Upgraded to 1.10. Looks like it needs to go back. Not good, as it was bought in NYC and I'm in Europe

- Bret
08-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I can review my images. I can't see them in live view. I can see them after I take the photo. I kind of want to see them WHILE I take the photo. I turned on and off live view in interface and I get a message. Now I can change shutter and settings etc, but can't view the live view. I may include screen shots if anyone can figure this out.

---------- Post added 08-21-14 at 04:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This is the second thread I'm reading where a card firmware update broke something. Did Pentax mess something up by adding unnecessary restrictions?
I replied to this and it must not have sent it...I got the link from pentax for the card firmware, they send directly to me via email, when I upgraded, then the mac address was gone. I had someone helping me who has a job networking, and been doing a long long time, he said once that is gone you can't do anything. Now there was something he said about files being named the same and that might have been the issue, but even the reset transfer settings (on the camera) did not fix the card. Adorama replaced it, I won't update the card firmware now on this second, and used it right out of the box, and I am having this issue.

It could be something simple I am not doing, I am not denying that, but no one can seem to figure out what it is.

08-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
I can review my images. I can't see them in live view. I can see them after I take the photo. I kind of want to see them WHILE I take the photo. I turned on and off live view in interface and I get a message. Now I can change shutter and settings etc, but can't view the live view. I may include screen shots if anyone can figure this out.
Try manually putting the camera in live view mode, then open the flucard web page. You should see the live view image then.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Try manually putting the camera in live view mode, then open the flucard web page. You should see the live view image then.
That didn't work. I am attaching a screen shot. You can see in the lower left hand a tiny picture of the the image that I took, but I can't see that in the live view. I can see it under image view, I can see the little preview, I can't see it in live view

Last edited by Murfy; 03-11-2015 at 05:15 AM.
08-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #10
Unregistered User

Do you surf to Pentax.com or to 192.168.1.1 when connecting?
08-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I switched everything to jpg and turned the live view on in the camera. I then started up the web page and got the same issue

---------- Post added 08-21-14 at 05:03 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Do you surf to Pentax.com or to 192.168.1.1 when connecting?
192.168.1.1 - it is in my screen shot

08-21-2014, 02:07 PM   #12
Unregistered User

Please try Pentax.com

---------- Post added 08-21-14 at 11:12 PM ----------

I tried 192.168.1.1 and I have no issues. Worth a try...

I have PC and Android so...

Yesterday I tried to connect an older MAC Pro to a wireless router without success. This may be a problem...
08-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Please try Pentax.com

---------- Post added 08-21-14 at 11:12 PM ----------

I tried 192.168.1.1 and I have no issues. Worth a try...

I have PC and Android so...

Yesterday I tried to connect an older MAC Pro to a wireless router without success. This may be a problem...
Didn't work I am going to try a windows laptop tonight. I am doing all the testing on chrome right now. on mac 10.9.4. tested on laptop and got the same issue, I just haven't gotten around to turning on the windows laptop yet

08-21-2014, 02:28 PM   #14
Unregistered User

Please try the Windows to role out if it is a Mac-problem or a Pentax-problem.
08-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
didn't work on pc with windows 7. I took that little picture on the bottom left, my screen was just dark