New FluCard Firmware

Just found this...

Latest K-3 Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

09-05-2014, 02:54 AM   #2

Thanks.
09-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #3
Unregistered User

How to do the update...

Put your Flucard in the computers sd-card reader.

Unzip and put the files thats in the folder in the root of the card. Not the folder itself as I did the first time.

Eject the card and put it in again. You should hear a buzzing sound for a while, approx. 60s or less and then a beep.

Remove safetly the card. The files should have been erased.

Did I find the card to perform better? Not sure since my battery was low but first the resolution sucked for minute before it got clean as it was before. That made me think updating was not a good idea but it is working as it should now.
09-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It would be nice to know in detail what any enhancements are aside from adding the K-S1. I don't plan to get the K-S1 because I have both K-3 and K-30, so I won't do this update unless "improved stability of performance" adds something significant for K-3. Currently my FLU card in the K-3 seems to work just fine.

09-05-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I tend to do updates regardless of whether I'd need it or not. I will say that the process for the flu card update was a little funky on my PC setup. It finally worked after a few tries and some prodding. I have a feeling that it's more my setup (my normal card reader doesn't like the flu card very much) than anything. However, when it worked on my setup, the card began to beep twice repeatedly. The key here - for me - was when the code disappeared from the flu card root. That, for sure, signified that it worked. Haven't had the time to see if there is any difference but...it's updated.
09-07-2014, 04:37 AM   #6

I noticed in the small print on the download page (Latest K-3 Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING) it said: *Optimized aspect ratio for screen of the communication device when using 645Z. *If you using with only K-3 camera, it is not necessary to update firmware.

I read this AFTER I had done the update palaver of course.

Nick
09-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #7
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Nickrs Quote
I noticed in the small print on the download page (Latest K-3 Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING) it said: *Optimized aspect ratio for screen of the communication device when using 645Z. *If you using with only K-3 camera, it is not necessary to update firmware.

I read this AFTER I had done the update palaver of course.

Nick
That was for the first FW update. Not this release.

09-07-2014, 06:58 AM   #8

I didn't realise there was a previous update available, What is the difference between "card" and "contents"?

The only firmware update quoted on the Ricoh EU download web site for the O-FC1 is specifically for the 645Z, nothing is available for the K-3.

Nick
09-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #9
Unregistered User

Did you use the link in the first post?