Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxaholic Quote
please post the serial number on this thread
The serial number database is another good place to post since it allows a do-not-buy flag.

09-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxaholic Quote
Check the return policy of the store you purchased it from.
If you bought it at B&H, they have a ten day return/exchange policy.
They will email you return postage label for UPS ground shipping at their expense.

I believe return policy states:
You must NOT have filled out warranty cards.
You must NOT have removed the UPC from the box.
All original contents of box must be returned. (double check that you put all accessories, manuals etc back in the box)
You must return an exchange authorization form (that they will EMAIL to you) with your camera.

Package MUST be scanned by UPS within 10 days of receipt of your original camera shipment from them.

If your tests show that your camera is indeed faulty, my suggestion is you call your retailer, ask what return policy is before you wait too long.

Also, if it is truly faulty (after above mentioned tests) please post the serial number on this thread, it might be helpful in future for others if they should experience similar issues;

I think if you have filled out warranty cards, it must be sent in for repair to mfg.

So everyone who purchases a new camera, should put it through ALL of the modes and functions and take a LOT of pictures upon receipt. Sometimes cameras behave well, until switched to a problematic mode or function. Best to find out about potential issues before your exchange/return period is up!
Thank you. Adorama says 30 days on their site, but you're right about warranty cards, etc... Thankfully I knew that and didn't fill anything out, keep all boxes, etc... I'll be printing out the return form tomorrow and packaging it up tomorrow night.

When I do, I'll try to remember to get the serial number for you guys.
09-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by waynesworld Quote
Thank you. Adorama says 30 days on their site, but you're right about warranty cards, etc... Thankfully I knew that and didn't fill anything out, keep all boxes, etc... I'll be printing out the return form tomorrow and packaging it up tomorrow night.

When I do, I'll try to remember to get the serial number for you guys.
You are welcome! Please do add the serial number to this post as well as the serial database.
09-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #19

Original Poster
Camera S/N: 4977800
Lens S/N: 4290512

I sent the entire bundle back today. I was a little sad, but I'm moving on. Thanks everyone for your assistance.

---------- Post added 09-16-14 at 09:14 PM ----------

Also updated S/N database with camera and lens S/N.