Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #1

aperture & sensitivity settings

I'm curious how can I lock the aperture & sensitivity settings and leave alone the shutter speed on my Pentax K-3?

10-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi
If I understand the question correctly you should be able to use manual
Set the aperture set the ISO set the shutter speed and they will stay the same
Neil

---------- Post added 10-25-14 at 11:31 PM ----------
10-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
i think you mean the Av ("Aperture value") mode as described here: Review: Pentax K-3 - Image Shooting Modes | PentaxForums.com Reviews

disengage auto iso and the camera only choose the shutter speed
10-26-2014, 03:09 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you for your quick reply tuco, gtis and othar. It's my mistake, I have not been clear enough. I meant I set the aperture and iso settings, and the camera will automatically calculate the shutter speed. What or which mode is that?

---------- Post added 10-26-14 at 01:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
You mean a fixed aperture, ISO and shutter speed? Manual mode, of course. However, what the scene wants for an exposure and what you want for an aperture, ISO and shutter speed might not agree.
Thank you for your quick reply tuco. It's my mistake, I have not been clear enough. I meant I set the aperture and iso settings, and the camera will automatically calculate the shutter speed. What or which mode is that?

---------- Post added 10-26-14 at 01:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
You mean a fixed aperture, ISO and shutter speed? Manual mode, of course. However, what the scene wants for an exposure and what you want for an aperture, ISO and shutter speed might not agree.
Thank you for your quick reply tuco. It's my mistake, I have not been clear enough. I meant I set the aperture and iso settings, and the camera will automatically calculate the shutter speed. What or which mode is that?

10-26-2014, 03:12 AM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi that is AV aperture priory
Neil
10-26-2014, 03:13 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gtis Quote
Hi
If I understand the question correctly you should be able to use manual
Set the aperture set the ISO set the shutter speed and they will stay the same
Neil

---------- Post added 10-25-14 at 11:31 PM ----------
Thank you for your quick reply gtis. It's my mistake, I have not been clear enough. I meant I set the aperture and iso settings, and the camera will automatically calculate the shutter speed. What or which mode is that?

---------- Post added 10-26-14 at 01:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
i think you mean the Av ("Aperture value") mode as described here: Review: Pentax K-3 - Image Shooting Modes | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Thank you for your quick reply othar. It's my mistake, I have not been clear enough. I meant I set the aperture and iso settings, and the camera will automatically calculate the shutter speed. What or which mode is that?

---------- Post added 10-26-14 at 01:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gtis Quote
Hi that is AV aperture priory
Neil
Yes thank you Neil. I wasn't sure before. I have to disengage the auto-iso setting in order to function properly.

Thank you again.

Stavros.

---------- Post added 10-26-14 at 01:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote

Thank you. Yes I find it, and disengage auto-iso setting. Works like a charm.