Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2014, 01:52 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First shots with new K-3

The K-3 purchased from a forum member last week arrived a few days ago, and it's been frustrating to not be able to put it to good use before the weekend. Yesterday was the first chance to get out and do some proper shooting, as opposed to test shots of boring subjects around the garden.

Stopped at a nearby temple where people regularly go to 'make merit' by freeing buckets full of frogs, fish, crabs, terrapins, and snails… much to the delight of the local population of egrets, herons and cormorants.

These were taken with a Tokina AT-X AF 400mm f/5.6 attached to the K-3 in the last couple of hours of daylight, going from low sun to overcast and raining necessitating higher ISO than I really wanted.

Still, happy with the results as 'first samples', looking forward to more practice in the weeks ahead.

Little Egret

Chinese Pond Heron (raining)

The cormorants just didn't come close enough!

Comments welcome.

Cheers

Rob

12-07-2014, 06:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots. Makes me a little sad because I just sold my Tokina, but I still have my 300 Takumar.
12-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
Forum Member

Awesome pictures!