Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #16
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Been using D-LI90 Battery for Pentax K-01, K-3, K-5 II, K-5 IIS, K-5, K-7, 645D, and 645Z DSLR Cameras - BestBatt.com (got two of them) and they work like a charm and it was fast delivered to Sweden.

12-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kkoether Quote
I've got a Watson battery I got from B&H when I got my K-3 last summer. It seems to work just as well as the Pentax battery that came with my K-3.
I used a Watson in rotation with the original battery with my K10D with good success. I now have a pair of Wasabi that I keep in rotation with the original with my K-3. For all practical purposes the Wasabi and Watson are equivalent and both are roughly equivalent to the original. The important thing for comparison is the mAh (milliAmphere-hour)* capacity. This is usually overstated for brand-X batteries, but is still a good place to start.

Steve

* The number of hours of capacity at 1 milliAmp current draw
12-17-2014, 08:21 AM   #18

I got a few Wasabi and a 2cd OEM battery along with my original K5 purchase in Dec 2010. I numbered them and used them in rotation order - I couldn't really tell them apart. This year trying to do some night stuff I noticed the Wasabi batteries would go from showing full charge to not working pretty fast - the OEM still seemed fine - so it looks like I got about 3.5 years out of them. They still work fine for a few pics, but I wouldn't trust them for timelapse or long exposure or to take on a long hike anymore.

For the price they still might be good value - just be aware that at some point they might go south on you.
12-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom G Quote
For the price they still might be good value - just be aware that at some point they might go south on you.
Would you care to add a product review for the Wasabi?

Wasabi D-LI90 Replacement reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Steve

12-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I did find a place called digitalclickUSA that has the Pentax D-LI90 battery for $23.

Here is a link:

digitalclickusa
12-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I did find a place called digitalclickUSA that has the Pentax D-LI90 battery for $23.

Here is a link:

digitalclickusa
That is a very good price. I wonder what the date of manufacture is.

Steve
04-22-2015, 04:42 PM   #22

K-3 Newbie - Battery Life Confusion

Hi
I've had my K-3 for about 6 weeks. I haven't done any serious photography, just around the house testing. Low light, flash response, both internal and a Metz external. What has me mystified is the battery life and how the camera performs. Fully changed the camera appears to be living up to my expectations. But as the battery drains functions seem to go haywire. Focus drift - both BF and FF. Inconsistent exposure. It's almost as if there is a "cliff" in the drain curve, that once hit, the camera gives up. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. It can vary with the lens I happen to be using or shooting mode. But once hit, it doesn't matter. Change the battery - with a newly charged one. I have some after market batteries that are even worse.

Would this be the way of the future for all our high-tech devices? The battery tech can't keep up?

04-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FireDog Quote
Hi
I've had my K-3 for about 6 weeks. I haven't done any serious photography, just around the house testing. Low light, flash response, both internal and a Metz external. What has me mystified is the battery life and how the camera performs. Fully changed the camera appears to be living up to my expectations. But as the battery drains functions seem to go haywire. Focus drift - both BF and FF. Inconsistent exposure. It's almost as if there is a "cliff" in the drain curve, that once hit, the camera gives up. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. It can vary with the lens I happen to be using or shooting mode. But once hit, it doesn't matter. Change the battery - with a newly charged one. I have some after market batteries that are even worse.

Would this be the way of the future for all our high-tech devices? The battery tech can't keep up?
Your observations probably deserve a thread of their own. I don't know that anyone has documented variations in metering and/or AF at the tail-end of battery capacity.

Steve
04-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FireDog Quote
Hi

This fall-off on focus accuracy obviously happens with my K-x and K-30 too, less so on K3. This is especially obvious when shooting indoors.