Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-21-2015, 04:56 AM   #76

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Describe how the shot was taken. If it is multiple shots there has been an issue where the sensor positioning is not identical between individual shots. It can be fixed post by aligning the stack.
Yes, that is the final image from the camera. I will try to export as jpg all the photos, but how come only the stars moved? I use just the bright function, never used another program for startrails, but I should try

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
An encoded message from extraterrestrials? (could not resist).

Steve
Maybe, but how can we read the message?

09-21-2015, 06:25 AM   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by semaca Quote
Yes, that is the final image from the camera. I will try to export as jpg all the photos, but how come only the stars moved? I use just the bright function, never used another program for startrails, but I should try

Maybe, but how can we read the message?
What quality of jpg? It looks like some data was lost in the translation. It looks like a sloppy creation of a curve on a grid at low resolution.
09-22-2015, 02:28 AM   #78

All the images are RAW and I have the jpgs on the second SD, all at high quality. I will check them tonight one by one.
09-22-2015, 01:04 PM   #79
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
but how come only the stars moved?
They didn't. This is dithering artifact of some sort.

Steve

09-23-2015, 02:53 AM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
They didn't. This is dithering artifact of some sort.

Steve
I don't like it I have around 90 pictures, 20s exposure and around 22s interval. I am using only the bright function for stars, but now I think I hate the interval function. No matter how I set the interval, gaps are there. I have a remote with wire and I'm not able to shoot continously, even with the lock button on. There is only one shot, no matter how I set the camera, but it's my fault maybe.

I practice for some city startrail, but I need to be sure how to get the best result, not to be disappointed after a night alone on the streets.
09-23-2015, 07:16 AM   #81
Pentaxian

I don't like it I have around 90 pictures, 20s exposure and around 22s interval. I am using only the bright function for stars, but now I think I hate the interval function. No matter how I set the interval, gaps are there. I have a remote with wire and I'm not able to shoot continously, even with the lock button on. There is only one shot, no matter how I set the camera, but it's my fault maybe.

I practice for some city startrail, but I need to be sure how to get the best result, not to be disappointed after a night alone on the streets.
How are you processing your photos? The bright function is an in camera function. How big are your jpegs that you are getting?

Shooting the night sky is at the limit of the capabilities of any hardware, and the processing has to be done carefully. Have you considered shooting raw and procession off camera?
09-23-2015, 07:45 AM   #82

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
How are you processing your photos? The bright function is an in camera function. How big are your jpegs that you are getting?

Shooting the night sky is at the limit of the capabilities of any hardware, and the processing has to be done carefully. Have you considered shooting raw and procession off camera?
The easy way i think is to edit the last RAW file, but I usually save all the others raw in the process. Maybe it's not an advantage that every image is added over the last one. I never used programs like Starstax yet.