Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2015, 09:44 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
K-3 Suggested Camera Settings

I just ordered a new K-3 from Popflash and was looking for a thread with suggested camera settings. There was one for my K-5 which was very helpful but I don't see one for the K-3. I know turning off the noise reduction setting was big but are there other settings I should perform as well? I want a low noise sharp vibrant image

( yes I know there are infinite settings available, I just need the obvious to get me up and running)

01-07-2015, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This might help

Review: Pentax K-3 - Recommended Settings | PentaxForums.com Reviews
01-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thankyou sergy sergy. I missed that thread somehow. After reviewing Mr. photo universe on you tube he suggests to turn OFF noise reduction because it blurrs the picture. So that is opposite what the Pentax thread suggests. He agrees though that AFA should be set to AFS and no AFC.
01-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
This might help
Have any of those changed with firmware updates ? Like has the default noise reduction etc. been improved ?

01-07-2015, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And I will suggest a little browsing here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/251413-post-your-k3-af-settings-here.html

JP
01-07-2015, 12:31 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
turning off the noise reduction
I don't think changing noise reduction settings will affect "sharpness" - are you think the moire settings? On the K3, there are 3 settings, one for "off", one for a linear movement of the sensor when taking a picture and a more aggressive setting to move the sensor in a circular pattern. When using these settings, the idea is to "spill" over light capture properties of a cell on the image chip into an adjacent cell which by default is a sort if deliberate blur.
01-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
I just ordered a new K-3 from Popflash and was looking for a thread with suggested camera settings. There was one for my K-5 which was very helpful but I don't see one for the K-3. I know turning off the noise reduction setting was big but are there other settings I should perform as well? I want a low noise sharp vibrant image

( yes I know there are infinite settings available, I just need the obvious to get me up and running)
See also this e-book:

Pentax K-3 e-book