Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-26-2015, 01:37 AM   #1

Video records focuspeaking

This is a straight screenshot of a video. It was taken at 720p (24fps) and looks like the focus peaking lines have still persisted. (I have it enabled)
Has it happened to anyone else or it's just a random bug?

Secondly, my shutter button gets stuck in between. Any way to lubricate it without disassembling?

01-26-2015, 02:24 AM - 1 Like   #2
Unregistered User

Check this thread... https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/250619-focus-peaking-during-video.html
01-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, I should try the search option first next time.

Besides, is anyone here having issues with their shutter button getting stuck during half press? Or it's just a irrelevant thing? I use the af button for focusing, but when I get ready to take the photo by depressing the shutter button, it gets stuck in that position once in a while.
01-26-2015, 10:59 AM   #4
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by akshay869 Quote
Thanks, I should try the search option first next time.

Besides, is anyone here having issues with their shutter button getting stuck during half press? Or it's just a irrelevant thing? I use the af button for focusing, but when I get ready to take the photo by depressing the shutter button, it gets stuck in that position once in a while.
You could try to rinse it with lukewarm water from the tap and gently soak it while turning camera on/off and pressing the button for a while to get rid off possible gue that is stuck or have it replaced while under warranty...

01-27-2015, 03:16 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
You could try to rinse it with lukewarm water from the tap and gently soak it while turning camera on/off and pressing the button for a while to get rid off possible gue that is stuck or have it replaced while under warranty...
I'll try the lukewarm water method. Should I be worried about any ingression due to the water flowing at high speed?
I also have a small lubrication oil bottle that I got with my Braun trimmer, will try that as well.
01-27-2015, 06:02 AM   #6
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by akshay869 Quote
I'll try the lukewarm water method. Should I be worried about any ingression due to the water flowing at high speed?
I also have a small lubrication oil bottle that I got with my Braun trimmer, will try that as well.
High pressure water is NOT recommended.

Using chemicals of any kind is NOT recommended.

Use ONLY water as I wrote earlier.
01-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you! I had to clarify the details.

01-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the cool video effects!

OTOH, if you are having the problems you noted and your camera is still under warranty, I would suggest getting it fixed.

Steve
01-28-2015, 08:37 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I had the sticky shutter button too. One night while doing the dishes, I just soaked my finger in the dishwater (BEFORE washing the dishes :P) and then played with the shutter button for a little while. The solution somehow diluted the sticky matter and all is normal now.

I've cleaned rubber parts for engines and other mechanical objects countless number of times, never had a problem. However recommanding a warranty fix is probably the best course of action.
01-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Love the cool video effects!

OTOH, if you are having the problems you noted and your camera is still under warranty, I would suggest getting it fixed.

Steve
QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
I had the sticky shutter button too. One night while doing the dishes, I just soaked my finger in the dishwater (BEFORE washing the dishes :P) and then played with the shutter button for a little while. The solution somehow diluted the sticky matter and all is normal now.

I've cleaned rubber parts for engines and other mechanical objects countless number of times, never had a problem. However recommanding a warranty fix is probably the best course of action.

I don't live anywhere near US, (I had asked my cousin to get it for me on her visit here) so I don't want to part with it when I'm madly loving this damn fine camera! This is my first dslr and it really helps me capture photos the way I want it to.

I'll stick to trying non risky methods.
01-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I went ahead with this solution assuming that the weather sealing would cover for this. However getting a warranty repair is easier than for you it seems.
01-28-2015, 02:55 PM   #12
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote

Dish water is ok in my book to use for cleaning the K-3.