Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2015, 06:53 AM   #1

K3 pdf Manual available in 3 Sizes Spiral Bound

I have just found a company that prints bound copies of the Pentax K3 manual for those who find the supplied version rather on the small size. O.T.C. Ltd Tel. +44 (0)1707 273773 between 9.30 and 5.00 UK time Monday to Friday.

Pentax K 3 Camera Manual

They will send you a properly bound copy of the original manual in any of the following sizes: A6 - A5 - A4 for £11.95 (for any size) plus £2.40 post (for any number of copies).
For and additional £1.75 one can opt for a spiral bound version (again in all sizes).
I hope this will be of use to some of you.
V.A.

01-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The K-3 PDF manual is available for free online. You can download and print it out Yourself. I do disagree with companies that copy documents off the Internet and try to sell them either, in printed form or in any other form. I have had some documents that I have created, and found them being sold on eBay, and i immediately had them removed. Unless they have written permission from the company to resell these documents, I would not consider purchasing one.
01-26-2015, 06:24 PM   #3

I like the part where they say:

"A printed manual for the Pentax K 3 from us will cost you much less than it would cost you in ink and paper to print it yourself" @ £11.95

As the manual mainly uses black ink I would have thought £2 would cover the cost of ink and paper.
01-26-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

K-3 manual is "copyright © RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD 2013". The company selling these manuals would prominently claim that they had permission, if they had it. If not, they probably don't have it, and shouldn't really be effectively advertised on here in threads like this. By a new member, too...

01-27-2015, 12:23 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you for your comments. I only posted the item to bring the company to your notice, in case anyone was interested. I am fully aware of copyright infringement issues and had downloaded the manual from Ricoh Imaging (for my own personal use) even before I purchased my K3 as I had read comments on line about the small size of the supplied manual, which was why I hoped this would be of interest. When I spoke to a member of staff at O.T.C. Ltd yesterday, they did mention that Canon were the only manufacturers that would not grant them permission to print their manuals.
I would point out that it was not my intention to advertise this company in any way and I have not purchase a copy. As a very new member, I was only trying to be helpful to you.
V.A.