Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2015, 05:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Anyone else selling new K3 with FF announced ?

Is anyone else selling their new K3 with the announcement of the Pentax FF being reality right around the corner ?
I got in on the Christmas specials and bought 2 of them.
Just cant justify keeping both of them since the drool just wont stop and all Im looking at is FF everything......cant have the best of both worlds.
One went today on Ebay for more than I paid for it......the other Im still contemplating.
Opened a bank savings account just for the funding of Pentax FF.
Not sure If Im premature or not ? Pentax better not drop the ball on this one !!!!

02-14-2015, 05:39 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

Yes, well there's nothing but a 3D printed plastic mock up at this point - so premature? ...just a tad
02-14-2015, 05:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Not sure If Im premature or not ? Pentax better not drop the ball on this one !!!!
Curious what you plan to shoot with for the next 10 or 11 months? Even assuming they keep to schedule that means maybe by Christmas 2015, if anything slips then spring of 2016.

Yeah, you are premature IMHO.
02-14-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Yes, well there's nothing but a 3D printed plastic mock up at this point - so premature? ...just a tad
But it IS official for this year...yes ? And more and more is being released info wise...yes ? Once I saw the 3D I went all in. Im "TRUSTING" Pentax to do as they say.....But then again ?????
I have no problem waiting up to 9 months if I have to......

02-14-2015, 05:46 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And while we all have hopes it will be a great camera, buying for FF to brag you have FF does not cut it with me. If they want me to sell my k-3 and buy this new camera then it has to prove to produce better images.

---------- Post added 02-14-15 at 04:47 PM ----------

I have no problem waiting up to 9 months if I have to......
9 months without a camera?????????????
02-14-2015, 05:50 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K3's on sale will be something to watch for over the next few months !
JP
02-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Im "TRUSTING" Pentax to do as they say...
So am I. But will it be good enough when it is released to beat the k-3? That's unproven. And just because they say it will happen, and I trust them does not mean it will happen on the schedule they planned. Things happen, issues come up, parts deliveries are late, things they thought would work suddenly don't.

I fully expect to see this camera release by the end of 2015. But actually getting it out, into reviewers hands and the market? Might easily be spring 2016 even if everything goes right.

02-14-2015, 05:55 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Interesting. With my main body still an original k5, i'm probably better than 50/50 to upgrade TO the k3 than sell in anticipation of the FF.
02-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Curious what you plan to shoot with for the next 10 or 11 months? Even assuming they keep to schedule that means maybe by Christmas 2015, if anything slips then spring of 2016.

Yeah, you are premature IMHO.
I have my old K30 that has never failed me....and still have the other K3. I want max resell value and figure if I wait for FF to actually arrive... there is going to be alot of K3's getting sold off for FF. Thinking its better to sell now......rather than to wait. I hope Im not being foolish.
I don't need FF.....I just have wanted it for years.....hate Nikon and Canon so never went in....... Im a Pentax guy!

02-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #10
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is anyone else selling their new K3 with the announcement of the Pentax FF being reality right around the corner ?
Not a chance!!!

Any other silly questions? <---(Like this one. )
02-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And while we all have hopes it will be a great camera, buying for FF to brag you have FF does not cut it with me. If they want me to sell my k-3 and buy this new camera then it has to prove to produce better images.

---------- Post added 02-14-15 at 04:47 PM ----------

Nooooo....I have a well used K30. Geeeze.....come on guys.....who could go for "that" long without anything.
Im NOT bragging.....have to wait to get it first...lol.

---------- Post added 02-15-15 at 09:13 AM ----------

I think maybe I should have posted this in the "General" forum.....
02-14-2015, 06:16 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Veteran Member

Sell now? No, the K-3 is the best K-mount offering available at present and then what would I shoot with?
Sell when the FF comes out? Not remotely likely. I fully expect the K-3 to have purpose for many years
with or without a FF alongside.

However, if the market should flood with sub-$500 K-3's I might have to get a second one.
02-14-2015, 06:16 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
He bought two K-3's and sold one. 2-1 = 1 He has a camera
02-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I have my old K30 that has never failed me....and still have the other K3. I want max resell value and figure if I wait for FF to actually arrive... there is going to be alot of K3's getting sold off for FF. Thinking its better to sell now......rather than to wait. I hope Im not being foolish.
I don't need FF.....I just have wanted it for years.....hate Nikon and Canon so never went in....... Im a Pentax guy!

I seriously doubt that.

And neither do many many many other K-3 owners.
FF does not = Better photos.
02-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
He bought two K-3's and sold one. 2-1 = 1 He has a camera
Yes...I have a very well used K30 that has never let me down...... A second K3 with 250 clicks (debating if I should keep or sell).....and a K1000 I have had since 1995 or so.
Like I said....I DO NOT NEED a FF Pentax......I just WANT ONE........Bad.
I see myself with two K30's and a FF down the road........maybe anyway. To go FF "BOTH" K3's have to go.....so Im really excited one way....and troubled the other.
I have no unreal expectations that I will become a better photographer just because of FF....Im sure I will be gaining only the ability to make larger prints easier when I do have my magical photo moments every now and then. I doubt my average ability will not improve.....we are talking strictly WANT here.....not any kind of professional NEED.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 02-14-2015 at 06:37 PM.