Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
Forum Member

Ordering my K-3 tomorrow

Greetings everyone!

After more then 5 years using my K-x, I'm going to order K-3 tomorrow and hope it will come as soon as possible.

I have few questions regarding Liveview zooming. First of all, does K-3 have quick zoom to 100% white using liveview, not while reviewing your already taken photos? If not, how easy is to zoom to 100% while using liveview?

I need to press info button on my k-x several times (depends if it's in AF or MF mode).

Second is similar question, while reviewing your already taken photos, does it have one click 100% zoom?

The last question was about multi exposure stacking, is it possible to have all images stacked in one RAW file?

Thank you!

03-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes on live zoom - one click of the center OK button.
Yes on preview zoom - one click spin of the rear dial will zoom to your preset figure.
Yes on the last question - exposure stacking (there are several variaions) will create a single raw file.

Great camera. You will enjoy it.
Tom
03-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats! The K-3's live view functionality is greatly improved. The only thing you can't do is operate the AF while the image is magnified; the magnification will automatically be reset. In all other ways, the live view zooming capabilities are stellar IMO.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great choice....

03-13-2015, 09:23 AM   #5

I'm saving up for a K-3 as well. I've already sold my K-30 which was an awesome camera. I sold my K-r to buy my K-30. I sold my MZ-30 to buy my K-r. Will i sell my K-3 to buy the FF? ROFL.
03-13-2015, 09:33 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
I've ordered k-3 today, but it will be with me next week.

Absolutely can't wait
03-13-2015, 09:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panicAttack Quote
I've ordered k-3 today, but it will be with me next week.

Absolutely can't wait
Congratulation on your purchase of k-3... I am sure you will find a big jump from your k-x in terms of performance and usability. Enjoy your new toy and hope to see some of your best photos...

03-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #8
Pentaxian

You'll never look back ! I just received mine a couple of days ago and i can't fault the camera in any way (for my needs at least), save perhaps for the battery life but i took approximately 650 pics with the first full charge, with heavy menu fiddling to get in touch with the new interface (which is fantastic btw, coming from a k200d). I suppose it's a good number compared to other cameras but i was used to the everlasting AA batteries in my k200d

The camera just feels "right" in my hands, everything is where it should be, operation of any kind of function and task is smooth, fast and quiet.

Image quality is superb...i mean this is not a special photo, but you can click, download full size and enlarge to 200%...you can see the fine textures on each little "branch", and it is an ISO400 shot developed from raw with no noise reduction applied !

Be sure to have some quality glass to truly exploit the full resolving power of this 24MP beast.

03-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
I downloaded it

astonishing results for iso 400, great details.

is it possible to upload image directly here in forum so readers can download it and see 100% ?

I would just like to put one studio portrait here that I made with my old great k-x and M 50 1.7 lens

K-x can also produce unbelievable results in good lightning (studio) conditions
03-21-2015, 01:36 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
I received my K-3 this morning.

Anyone know how to check manufacture date?
03-21-2015, 02:25 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Download PhotoMe (its free). Drag in an image from the body and then go down to the bottom of the screen and there is a search box. Enter date and it will show you all the data fields - one of which is the manufacture date.

03-21-2015, 02:53 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
thank you

battery still charging for the first time so I'll need to wait few more hours for first photos
03-21-2015, 04:07 AM   #13
Unregistered User

Go to the link and upload an image taken with your new K-3:

Check Shutter Count & Camera Manufacture Date Online - EXIF Reader
03-21-2015, 07:40 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I hear these newer production K3 have two slots for toasting poptarts on the go, plain amazing....congrats on your purchase, you'll love the camera.
03-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That first battery charge seems to take forever,

Hope you got a spare battery, so you never have to wait again,
the Wasabi's and charger are a good package,
Nicer charger than the Pentax