Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: How important is the on-board flash?
I would consider buying the K-3 II regardless of whether or not it has a flash 16365.20%
I may buy the K-3 II, but the lack of a flash is discouraging 5923.60%
I would not buy the K-3 II because it lacks a flash 2811.20%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 50 Likes Search this Thread
05-02-2015, 05:11 PM   #181
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
You have a very valid point that made me stop and think about the next time I use comments like the references to the HociR and 2kraM , or joking about Spaceship landing lights. I have Pre-Ordered the K3II and cant wait to get my hands on it.
Im not at all offended by Ricoh being plastered on my cameras somewhere and actually see it as kinda nice because my Ricoh legacy lenses seem to fit in better overall with a Pentax branded body.
It was only because of the huge backlash here I "learned" that jumping on the Discontent and Bashing bandwagon seemed to be so acceptable.
Figured it was proper etiquette to jump on the bandwagon to be shall I say more "accepted" and "correct" here on the Forum so at times sorta emulated some of the outspoken unhappy members here , without thinking at all about the consequences long term.
Hmmmm....thinking....thinking..... Thanks !
It really is OK for people to bash cameras that they don't like, I just personally haven't ever seen much point in it. If Pentax releases a camera I am not interested in buying, then that's that. I have enough gear otherwise.

The only time it bothers me is when I see a camera with potential (the K-01 is the best example) and Pentax abandons it as a concept because everyone is so negative on it. I just always felt that the K-02 could have been a great camera if Pentax stuck with it and made some adjustments. But I think that line is dead.

I guess in the end the internet is about polarization and stating arguments for or against something more and more strongly over time.

05-02-2015, 07:00 PM   #182
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
...... or The Husbands' Lament: "I spoke (or acted), therefore I'm wrong".
Doubt I will ever have that problem...have to be one first !....ROFLOL...LOL...

05-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #183
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
...... or The Husbands' Lament: "I spoke (or acted), therefore I'm wrong".
...or at least I think I am wrong...

Steve
05-03-2015, 02:03 PM - 6 Likes   #184
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It really is OK for people to bash cameras that they don't like, I just personally haven't ever seen much point in it. If Pentax releases a camera I am not interested in buying, then that's that. I have enough gear otherwise.
I agree. I think most of the bashing on this site falls into four broad categories (smaller first):
  • Those whose purchase did not perform to their expectations and who sing one song year after year at top volume describing the P.O.S. product, even long after the product EOL
  • The "Not For Me so Not for Anybody" group mentioned above
  • Those who purchased Pentax cameras and lenses and who are embarrassed at having bought into a system that does not promptly match the competitor's features point by point at 80% of the price/size/weight.
  • Those who cherry pick the features across brands available at all price points, find that 85% are met with a Pentax product at their price point, and who whine for years that Pentax is slow to implement the remaining 15% to result in the "perfect" camera. Never mind that the desired mix is generally not available in any brand at any price point. A common characteristic of this group is the assertion that the feature could be added at zero cost as a firmware update.
Anyone noting a thread of narcissism wending through all four groups would not be incorrect.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-04-2015 at 01:30 PM.
05-03-2015, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #185
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I agree. I think most the bashing on this site falls into four broad categories...
This should be a sticky! :-)