Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
I'm not buying a K-3II because I already have a K-5 ===> 5>3
3x2=6. 6>5. K-3 II wins.

04-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-cup support. I will not buy until they add K-cup support.

In addition, I also will not buy any Ricoh product until they fix all the firmware deficiencies in all of the current cameras and also provide a hotshoe retrofit for my Singlex TLS...Obviously a long corporate history of feature-deficient products.

Steve
04-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How many people skip generations of camera? Go something like K10 to K5 to K3 II ( or whatever follows the K3 II)? Seems like it isn't infrequent. The K7 had video and it had a new body (that I liked better than the K20 body), but it certainly was not miles ahead of the K20 with regard to performance. And there were tons of people who were upset at that point that Pentax hadn't released a camera with better sensor performance, rather than including something dumb like video. I mean, everyone knows that video is a passing fad.

Oh well. Buy what makes you happy. If you don't need the newest gen of cameras, you've just saved a grand. What am I missing?
04-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I suggest a race to the first 1000 posts! A road to 1000 paved with cheese, bacon, and gratuitous praise to the hociR!*

Steve

* Onions too...yes, onions would be very good...

04-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #35
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
I've hardly ever used the inbuilt flash, so I don't mind. But GPS is not main argument to upgrade for me either (already bought O-GPS1). I'll wait to see FF price level. If reasonable I'll keep my K-3 (for telephoto usage) and buy the FF. If FF price will turn crazy, I'll probably buy K-3 II and keep my K-3 as a second camera.
I myself find the flash a great convenience, not for night shots, but for shadow fill outdoors, especially on faces. And useful for macro's, with a diffuser anyway. But I'm just an amateur, so I don't pretend to be an authority on these things. I'm probably not part of the target audience for this camera.
04-27-2015, 12:19 PM   #36
Pentaxian

The only reason we get a K-3II is because Tess wants to upgrade from a K-5. We could sell our 2 K-5s to help pay for a K-3II. But really, I'd like the 150-450, and she wants the 200 ƒ2.8. We definitely need to revisit what we own and dispose of some stuff.
04-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Outlier Alert !!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
How many people skip generations of camera? Go something like K10 to K5 to K3 II
OUTLIER: In statistics, an outlier is an observation point that is distant from other observations.

Given: '>' = One or another legacy film camera I always wanted to own, so I bought one, messed around with it for a few months and moved on to the next one . . . . .

K10D >> K-01 >> K-3

From a sensor perspective I suppose I've upgraded every second generation, so maybe I'm not in such a low-frequency group after all..

04-27-2015, 12:34 PM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PALADIN85020 Quote
Better shake reduction? That's nice, but if you want sharper hand-held shots, there are many paths to this. Better stabilization of the person taking the photos
Excellent! Knee and elbow braces as well as a corset included with every purchase! Also an alcohol/cannabinoid interlock on the shutter would be helpful.

Steve
04-27-2015, 12:36 PM   #39
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Quote Originally posted by Rondec Quote
How many people skip generations of camera? Go something like K10 to K5 to K3 II
OUTLIER: In statistics, an outlier is an observation point that is distant from other observations.
Ummmm...I went straight from the K10D to the K-3...

Steve
Closed Thread