Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2015, 10:39 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rollsman4 Quote
I have been shooting weddings for over 35 years. I have always used Canon 5D Mk2, and Nikon D700 wear my last cameras to use with L Lenses. I am new to Pentax. Just curious to see how the K3 compares to Canon and Nikon. Thanks
not sure why you want to switch from FF to APSC.

If you are in the wedding industry, you probably know the 'wedding people' are moving to MF, not to APSC.

make sense if you consider the 645Z....

05-05-2015, 01:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Venom3300 Quote
We are talking about the canon 5DII full frame that he has experience with. Not the pentax k5II. The k3 does have much better DR than the canon 5DII.

Canon 5Dii= 11.9 stops of DR
Pentax k3= 13.4
haha, my bad. Totally read that wrong. I use a 5dii at work and hate it. The menu system is terrible. The ergonomics are terrible. The external controls for changing things like ISO are terrible. Image quality is meh. I really find it strange that these cameras are as popular as they are.
05-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
I really find it strange that these cameras are as popular as they are.
Sure? If this is the case I for one am ready without hesitation to trade my Pentax K5 APS-C for a Canon FF but heck maybe I am the only one left on the planet (or at least on this forum :-/) with such a weird viewpoint?

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
not sure why you want to switch from FF to APSC. If you are in the wedding industry, you probably know the 'wedding people' are moving to MF, not to APSC. make sense if you consider the 645Z....
+111! Unless you specialize in weddings in very small rooms, or remote villages where you have to carry all your gear in a backpack?