Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2015, 07:23 AM   #1

Pentax K3 (What are they doing)???

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi Everyone,

I've just come from the Pentax Australia web site and noticed that Pentax are no longer allowing just the body to be purchased. Is the K3 now going on the dreaded Discontinued line. Or are they forcing us to get the kit lens included?
I only need to buy the K3 body because I have been buying sigma quality lenses and having another kit lens to store away will be not worth it.

Regards
Bauldrick

07-07-2015, 07:25 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It would make sense to discontinue the K3 since the K3II is out.
07-07-2015, 07:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bauldrick Quote
I've just come from the Pentax Australia web site and noticed that Pentax are no longer allowing just the body to be purchased.
Call CRK or email them and just ask them for a body only price. I'm sure they'll be able to offer you one.

Or just hit shopbot - there are still lots of retailers offering body only.
07-07-2015, 07:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Don't think so, and it's still available on french site.

07-07-2015, 07:42 AM   #5
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bauldrick Quote
I've just come from the Pentax Australia web site and noticed that Pentax are no longer allowing just the body to be purchased. Is the K3 now going on the dreaded Discontinued line. Or are they forcing us to get the kit lens included?
I only need to buy the K3 body because I have been buying sigma quality lenses and having another kit lens to store away will be not worth it.
Go to the Ebay site of CRK: they are called dcxpert (ebay.com.au) and they are 100% CRK, legitimate and 100% Australia. They continue to offer K-3 body only.

Other reputable Australian camera stores include Digidirect, Ted's camera.... These two stores do have K-3 body only, although the price at (ebay) dcxpert is better IMHO.

Hope that the comment may help.

Last edited by hcc; 07-07-2015 at 07:49 AM.
07-07-2015, 07:46 AM   #6
ogl
Banned

There are K-50, K-S1, K-S2, K-3 and K-3II on Ricoh Russian Dealer's site.
07-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #7

You can still get the body only. Like hcc said. Go to CRK/Pentax Australia's Ebay page, DCXPERT, Only one left, here; items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

Or here. Pentax DSLR | Camera-Warehouse

07-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

IF the K-3 is no longer in production (and that's an unknown) availability in any region of the world will depend on whether such Region or Distributor has K-3 Body Only still in stock. For instance, it is always possible EU and Russia and USA might have them while CRK in Oz has sold out, or sold out of their traditional distribution but they still have some allocated only to their eBay category.
07-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
It would make sense to discontinue the K3 since the K3II is out.
Normally, I'd say that makes sense, but with the K3II vs. K3 selection of built-in accessorites, it may make a little more sense to keep offering the choice for longer, since there are some pretty strong preferences there.
07-08-2015, 12:06 AM   #10
rfg

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Normally, I'd say that makes sense, but with the K3II vs. K3 selection of built-in accessories, it may make a little more sense to keep offering the choice for longer, since there are some pretty strong preferences there.
I agree - onboard flash or not is a pretty significant choice.
07-08-2015, 05:02 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rfg Quote
I agree - onboard flash or not is a pretty significant choice.
Another possibility would be to offer two models, as was the case with the K5II and K5IIs. Then, I would not see much point in keeping the K3.
07-08-2015, 11:31 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you email to find out, please post the answer here, I was wondering the same thing, cheers