Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-05-2015, 06:17 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K3 II all recalled (UK)

I have just phoned up my usual photo supplier and they say all have been recalled.

I didn't ask for details; best to leave this for a few weeks at least.

Not unusual for Pentax! But they will undoubtedly use this opportunity to quietly fix other stuff and that's a good thing.

08-05-2015, 06:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Any official confirmation on this? last time I spoke to the dealer I used (SRS) they advised to stay put unless my K-3II started with the Power Off Issue.
Mine is one with a serial number affected in the original press release.
08-05-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by peterh337 Quote
Not unusual for Pentax!
????

I may be wrong, but I do believe the recall of dealer stock is unprecedented for the Pentax brand, at least here in N. America.

Steve
08-05-2015, 01:25 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
????

I may be wrong, but I do believe the recall of dealer stock is unprecedented for the Pentax brand, at least here in N. America.

Steve
My guess would be that the distributor is offering to take back affected stock in exchange for new stock.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hoopsontoast Quote
Any official confirmation on this? last time I spoke to the dealer I used (SRS) they advised to stay put unless my K-3II started with the Power Off Issue.
Mine is one with a serial number affected in the original press release.

If it were me and I had one within the recalled serial number range I would send it in for repair or replacement.
08-06-2015, 12:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This was Park Cameras. They are a good firm - I have used them since the 1980s. All stock gone back.

I am not sure if this is current info, but SRS is not a factory supported dealer, so they have to self-warranty the products they sell. They don't have Pentax backup. So they are not going to invite you to return your stuff unless it has actually packed up. They offer lower prices by bypassing the sole agency distribution system i.e. they are a "grey importer". They are a reputable firm (I have used them for various gear and they were always really good) but as I say there may be cases where a warranty situation may not be handled as if the item came via the official Pentax pipeline.
08-06-2015, 01:47 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This was Park Cameras. They are a good firm - I have used them since the 1980s. All stock gone back.

I am not sure if this is current info, but SRS is not a factory supported dealer, so they have to self-warranty the products they sell. They don't have Pentax backup. So they are not going to invite you to return your stuff unless it has actually packed up. They offer lower prices by bypassing the sole agency distribution system i.e. they are a "grey importer". They are a reputable firm (I have used them for various gear and they were always really good) but as I say there may be cases where a warranty situation may not be handled as if the item came via the official Pentax pipeline.
I'm 99.9% certain that SRS are a Pentax Pro Dealer with full support from Ricoh. I have only ever read of SRS dealing superbly and efficiently with Pentax issues.

08-06-2015, 02:25 AM   #8
Pentaxian

SRS is on the pentax site mentioned as a pentax pro center and a 645 partner. and with a direct link to their website.
08-06-2015, 02:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LennyBloke Quote
I'm 99.9% certain that SRS are a Pentax Pro Dealer with full support from Ricoh. I have only ever read of SRS dealing superbly and efficiently with Pentax issues.
As above, I am pretty sure SRS are a Pentax Pro dealer (and 645 dealer too).
PENTAX Pro Centre Dealers - RICOH IMAGING UK LTD.
08-06-2015, 02:45 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I am not sure if this is current info, but SRS is not a factory supported dealer, so they have to self-warranty the products they sell. They don't have Pentax backup. So they are not going to invite you to return your stuff unless it has actually packed up. They offer lower prices by bypassing the sole agency distribution system i.e. they are a "grey importer".
"We are a British company, paying British taxes, supporting the British economy and the High Street. WE ONLY SELL UK SOURCED PRODUCTS - NO GREY HERE!!"
About Us | SRS Microsystems
Attached Images

08-06-2015, 03:20 AM   #11

We are the largest authorised Pentax/Ricoh UK supported dealer in the UK. Please check directly with Ricoh who will confirm this!

All of our product is supplied to us by Ricoh UK. WE DO NOT SELL GREY PRODUCT!!!!

Last edited by Chris from SRS; 08-06-2015 at 04:18 AM.
08-06-2015, 04:05 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK, thanks for the update. I bought a K100 from SRS and what I posted was what they told me at the time. They were implementing their own warranty. They were MUCH cheaper than the official sellers back then.

I have no issue with grey imports anyway; most consumer IT gear on Amazon is grey imports.
08-06-2015, 07:21 AM   #13
Veteran Member

OK, thanks for the update. I bought a K100 from SRS and what I posted was what they told me at the time. They were implementing their own warranty. They were MUCH cheaper than the official sellers back then.

I have no issue with grey imports anyway; most consumer IT gear on Amazon is grey imports.
I have dealt with SRS fro many years I always found they have first dibs on all things Pentax from new products coming on-line to warranty repairs

I don;t know if your aware but when you buy from a UK retailer your 'warranty' is always via the dealer (uk consumer law), Manufacturers getting involved is just a good will gesture on their part and not a legal requirement they can easily just tell you to go back to your purchaser.

So SRS saying they handle their own warranty is a good thing as that's a legal requirement , I'd have to ask what did Park tell you about their warranty status ??

I short
Consumer deals with retailer , Retailer deals with manufacturer

When the K5 stain issue first came up both SRS and Pentax UK were brilliant authorizing 3 replacements from SRS stock unilaterally before Pentax global had reached a decisions

I always buy from Pentax pro dealers as that get you the 2 year warranty on all product a great bonus , I've used Park , SRS and CWE and all have been very good but as a preference I use use SRS for their fast service and knowledgeable staff. Though on service levels I've never had any issue with any 'approved' Pentax supplier.
08-06-2015, 02:12 PM   #14

Another vote for SRS
08-10-2015, 05:10 AM   #15
Veteran Member

My K-3II has been picked up and a replacement will be on its way out to me.
Excellent service (again) from SRS.