Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Capture one 8 pro K-3 II support

I do not know where to post this.. but anyway. I didn't find anyone talking about this problem here.

Anyone who uses Capture one pro 8 knows that there are no K-3 II ICC profiles and that PEF that comes out from K-3 II can not be read in C1 8 pro. On top of that, pixel shift is also not supported. I have contacted Phase one support and asked when and if they will add this support because they have recently updated the supported camera list here, but as of now, there is still no support:

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-Software/Capture-One/Supported-cameras.a...9B171D8644CB66

they answered me this:

Hello,

K-3 II will be supported in the next update to Capture One in a few days. However we will support the files in their true native dimensions and cannot render the pixel shift.

Best regards,
Team Phase One Support

09-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have very similar issues with C1 Pro's lack of real support (ICC files other than a generic DNG Neutral) for 645D (and 645Z no doubt).
09-03-2015, 11:11 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zvon Quote
K-3 II will be supported in the next update to Capture One in a few days. However we will support the files in their true native dimensions and cannot render the pixel shift.
If you need to extract pixel-shift images from DNG or PEF you can use a patched version of dcraw available here http://github.com/tomtor/dcrawps, which provides source and Windows binaries. If you don't use Windows it is pretty simple to build a binary from the source.
This patch works OK and can be used to extract a 16 bit tiff for PP elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Terry
09-04-2015, 05:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It would be interesting to find out if Phase One supports pixel shifted images from Olympus cameras. I would be very surprised if they do. C1 doesn't have any mechanism for stacking images.

They won't ever support the 645D/Z. That has been extensively and heatedly discussed on their user forum.

@johnhilvert recently published an article here on PF explaining how to extract the pixel shifted images for external processing. He is using Ricoh's own Digital Camera Utility.

DCU5 and HDR Photography Workflow - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

09-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Phase One and Pentax 645

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote

...They won't ever support the 645D/Z. That has been extensively and heatedly discussed on their user forum.
Thanks, I finally found the discussion, including the thread locked petulantly by Phase One, on their forum.
09-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote

@johnhilvert recently published an article here on PF explaining how to extract the pixel shifted images for external processing. He is using Ricoh's own Digital Camera Utility.
OK, but DCU is only available for Windows and OSX, so if you run Linux you need something else.

Cheers,
Terry