Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
09-07-2015, 02:23 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Redirect your K3 live view to your phone/tablet screen

Hello,
I see recently a new trend : use the tablet/phone screen instead of the camera's LCD (for canikon of course).
Is it tethering ? I only need to see the live view on my tablet because the screen is a lot bigger (easier to fine tune focusing), I can push the button and change setting on camera.
Any solution possible for this ?
Thanks a lot !!

09-07-2015, 02:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
Hello,
I see recently a new trend : use the tablet/phone screen instead of the camera's LCD (for canikon of course).
Is it tethering ? I only need to see the live view on my tablet because the screen is a lot bigger (easier to fine tune focusing), I can push the button and change setting on camera.
Any solution possible for this ?
Thanks a lot !!
Pentax flu card O-fc1

The other option for view only is HDMI but that is really more studio/large screen option as most tablet do not have hdmi in.
09-07-2015, 02:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
Pentax flu card O-fc1
thanks for your quick reply, I don't really need all the features of the flu-card, I just need the Live View, any cheaper alternative exist ?
09-07-2015, 02:37 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i have an external screen (cheap from China) with a battery and HDMI in and a mounting for on top of the hot shoe.

Last edited by max_pyne; 09-07-2015 at 02:44 AM.
09-07-2015, 02:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by max_pyne Quote
i have an external screen (cheap from China) with a battery and HDMI in and a mounting for on top of the hot shoe.
oh, that might be exactly what I'm looking for, what is the brand of that external screen ?
09-07-2015, 04:27 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

the brand of that external screen
Lilliput is a popular brand of external or 'field monitors'. They are all over eBay, Amazon, B&H etc.
09-07-2015, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I only need to see the live view on my tablet because the screen is a lot bigger (easier to fine tune focusing)
A small caution...the output in live view is not the full sensor resolution. I believe it is limited to the rear LCD resolution or even less in video capture mode. Nominal HDMI output resolution for the K-3 is 1080i in both still photo live view and playback mode. In video record mode the nominal HDMI output resolution is 720p. Actual image resolution for live view and video capture is quite a bit less. Depending on the monitor screen size and viewing distance, your ease of focus may vary.

Steve

09-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
A small caution...the output in live view is not the full sensor resolution. I believe it is limited to the rear LCD resolution or even less in video capture mode. Nominal HDMI output resolution for the K-3 is 1080i in both still photo live view and playback mode. In video record mode the nominal HDMI output resolution is 720p. Actual image resolution for live view and video capture is quite a bit less. Depending on the monitor screen size and viewing distance, your ease of focus may vary.

Steve
And the flucard has similar limitations, FWIW. However, you at least you can zoom in on the image.

thanks for your quick reply, I don't really need all the features of the flu-card, I just need the Live View, any cheaper alternative exist ?
The card isn't going to be very costly if you get it second-hand. It's being given away for free with the K-3/K-3 II in select markets, so I'm sure you'll find one. I'd recommend going with the flucard based on your needs.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-08-2015, 01:51 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
thanks a lot, I did not know about this limit ^^

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The card isn't going to be very costly if you get it second-hand. It's being given away for free with the K-3/K-3 II in select markets, so I'm sure you'll find one. I'd recommend going with the flucard based on your needs.
I'll definitely get one if I can find at a reasonable cost, the flucard is the best thanksssss
09-08-2015, 02:59 AM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll definitely get one if I can find at a reasonable cost, the flucard is the best thanksssss
I have more than I need. Flip me a PM and we'll work something out.
09-09-2015, 05:14 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I have more than I need. Flip me a PM and we'll work something out.
Deal !