Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
Forum Member

K3 wheelchair mounts

HI All,
Has anyone had any experience using their rigs on a wheelchair? Tri[pods can be very cumbersome.
I have been looking at various systems and don't know what works best. I have preselected the Manfrotto 396 B2.
ANY advice would be appreciated.

09-15-2015, 10:32 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have no idea but wanted to add what my dad learned from a window mount. He was at one time in a power chair but after double hip replacements walks but with a cane or walker. His limited mobility led him to window mounts. The biggest problem he had was not being able to adjust the distance to from him - and making sure the entire thing was reasonably balanced and would fit in the space available. Also a good quick release is a must for him.

Not sure if that helps but I feel like some of the same considerations may play into the selection of your mount.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 09-15-2015 at 12:03 PM.
09-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

It would really depend on several things.

1: what is the person's mobility like, that is in the wheelchair.

2: What kind of wheelchair is it.

3: what kind of lens are you going to use. Its length and weight.

For someone in a wheelchair, pretty much everything needs to be custom-made to fifth the person in the wheelchair. Something that works for one person does not necessarily work for anyone else.

to make any kind of reasonable suggestion, we would need a lot more information.
09-15-2015, 02:44 PM   #4

When a friend of mine was in film school we used a wheel chair as a dolly. No one sat in the chair. We laid a heavy board of plywood over the arm rests and clamped it down. On the board was anchored a high hat mount for the cinema camera.

09-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Manfrotto 035 super-clamp coupled with 1" ball Ram mount of your choice.
09-16-2015, 12:30 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I have no idea but wanted to add what my dad learned from a window mount. He was at one time in a power chair but after double hip replacements walks but with a cane or walker. His limited mobility led him to window mounts. The biggest problem he had was not being able to adjust the distance to from him - and making sure the entire thing was reasonably balanced and would fit in the space available. Also a good quick release is a must for him.

Not sure if that helps but I feel like some of the same considerations may play into the selection of your mount.
Thanks for the info.

GEORGE

---------- Post added 09-16-15 at 01:32 PM ----------

THANKS for your suggestions.
George

---------- Post added 09-16-15 at 01:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by George Peczeli Quote
HI All,
Has anyone had any experience using their rigs on a wheelchair? Tri[pods can be very cumbersome.
I have been looking at various systems and don't know what works best. I have preselected the Manfrotto 396 B2.
THANK you for your help.
george

---------- Post added 09-16-15 at 01:36 PM ----------

Thanks for the info.
George

---------- Post added 09-16-15 at 01:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by promacjoe Quote
It would really depend on several things.

1: what is the person's mobility like, that is in the wheelchair.

2: What kind of wheelchair is it.

3: what kind of lens are you going to use. Its length and weight.

For someone in a wheelchair, pretty much everything needs to be custom-made to fifth the person in the wheelchair. Something that works for one person does not necessarily work for anyone else.

to make any kind of reasonable suggestion, we would need a lot more information.
THANKS for your suggestions.
George

---------- Post added 09-16-15 at 01:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
When a friend of mine was in film school we used a wheel chair as a dolly. No one sat in the chair. We laid a heavy board of plywood over the arm rests and clamped it down. On the board was anchored a high hat mount for the cinema camera.
GOOD INFO,thanks.
George
09-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by George Peczeli Quote
HI All,
Thanks again, I ordered Manfrotto rig today. I will report when I receive
the rig. Comprised of 035 RL and 396 B2.

09-17-2015, 05:04 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Glad we were able to assist.